Favourite Aspect

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Gray, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Gray

Gray New Member

Alright, we all do Muay Thai because we like it, but I'm just wondering what you like the most about it. Just pick one or two things that really keep you interested, you know?

For me...

1) Intensity - Although I'm just a n00bzor kickboxer, I do enjoy training sessions immensely... Far more strenuous than any of my previous martial arts. Sparring especially... it's good to hit and be hit :D
    2) Knees - What can I say? Kickass stuff. I love practicing my knees. Knees in the clinch are cool as well... though I'm not quite adept at this yet, heh heh.

Your turn.

2. issen

issen New Member

1) Awesome striking art. Includes really everything you need to strike, and is for the most part very simple. It has pushkicks to increase distance, awesome strikes to both low, high, and midrange. And when the distance closes, you have knees and elbows.

2)It's vicious. I love connecting with an elbow to the head. Its almost orgasmic. Knees to the chest turn me on. Shin kicks to the leg, especially when they overpower your opponent, are soooo awesome.

3)
    When you combine it with a ground fighting technique, e.g. jiu jitsu, you have a very well rounded fighter who is capapble of both standing distance, standing close, and ground fighting.

There is my mature post :)

3. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

I could quote you totally.
    I add:

3) Awesome fitness level - the most intense workout in MAs.
    4) You learn to take blows and not to be scaries of phisical contact, and it's very useful.

4. Robz400

Robz400 New Member

Sparring, Sparring and more sparring. I've done a few martial arts, none them did anywhere near as much hard contact practice :D

5. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

1) Great workout
    2) Sparring :D
    3) Community (everyone in the gym knows each other and its a nice group of people)

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

1)Incredible fitness levels
    2)Sparring confidence
    3)Knees, they seem to scare people so much, and when you can get a fast knee up to an open chin... :D

7. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

I just like hittin' people.

LOL

8. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

Knees are good stuff

[​IMG]

my trainer when he was on TUF2, hes the one giving the knee :D

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I really love a good honest answer sometimes :)

10. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

Elbows. I love me some elbows. I'm an elbow kinda girl. One time, I smacked my opponent with an elbow right after a knee and she went tumbling to the canvas. Then she got back up, tried to clinch, and got elbowed again. She tried to create distance with punches but I closed elbowed her again.

I dont think I threw a kick or punch that entire round. Just one knee and a bunch of elbows.

11. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

cat fight! :p

12. Callum

Callum New Member

The amount of power thats in every hit. with other MA's power in hits is kinda focused on, but self defence is the main aim. but with Muay Thai your taught how to use all the power in your body for every kick, knee, elbow, punch thrown. its just so damn brutal.

13. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Your trainer is Luke Cummo?

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Running someone through with a low kick is an awesome feeling.

15. elnan

elnan Valued Member

Ill have to quote you, but Id put sparring on the top :D

16. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

The clinch is nice and cozy.

17. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i like the bit where i hit someone across the face

18. Taliq

Taliq New Member

Think all the good bits have been mentioned, damn u lot :D