Favorite movie genre

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dori_kin_86, Jul 3, 2004.

1. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

Whats your favorite type of movie. My favorites are Samurai films, War films, Crime, and those that could be called- other (like Edward Scissorhands)

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Samurai movies (especially Akira Kurosawa movies) and B movies. I am a huge B movie fan, though I haven't seen a decent one in a few years.

3. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Aha! I knew there had to be another B movie fan out there on MAP! My favorite are the Godzilla type B movies. Smog monster - classic! :D

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Comedies are my favorite!

I also like horror and science fiction.

5. USGR13

USGR13 Valued Member

Fighting movies like (Bloodsport Kickboxer, Lionheart) I also like the type of fighting movies where the guy rises from a nobody to the top like Rocky and stuff I like to watch some Martial Art Cop movies like (Rush hour 1 +2 )and some of the other Jackie Chan cop movies but I like movies that have competitions in them Like (Best of The Best, Bloodsport ect) I watch war movies sometimes too.

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

War movies definately. in fact, ive got Saving Private Ryan on right now :)

7. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

horror, action, thriller, comedy/romance

i love low budget B-movies too :D

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Horror, b-movies, comedies (both black and romantic), sci-fi.

I try to attend Frightfest every year, missed last years tho.

9. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Cyber-punk and super-hero movies (the goodones like Spiderman and X-men, not the crappy ones like Cat-woman)

10. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

HORROR, plus B movies, comedy, thriller, action and some drama/suspence like Hannibal.
    Akira Kurosawa movies are the best. Mystery Science Theater 3000 TV series/movie has the best B movies with sarcastic commentary ever. Also enjoy some comic/video game movies (Resident Evil and Spider-Man were probably the best). Best horror movie I've seen was Sleepaway Camp. I'd advise the age of the viewer to be 21 or older because that ending really is sick/nasty/wrong. I mean, man, it messed me up. And it'll mess you up too, and I'm NOT kidding.

11. Jaro

Jaro rhymes with bear-o

I like action movies... but ones with good stories. (Lord of the Rings, Kill Bill) very broad... I also like thinkers (Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream). I'm fond of martial arts movies as well. I like lots of stuff.