favorite kick

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

May not sound like much but my favorite kick(when I can get it off) is a rear left leg twist kick to jumping right leg inner crescent or roundhouse. Depends on how they react to the twist kick. I never heard my instructor curse until he saw me pull this kick off for the first time. :D

Aside from that my next favorite would have to be a side stepping spinning outer crescent. Good counter to an advancing side kick

2. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

Back spinning heel kick,for sure. But then, I'm still a white belt and haven't "learned" how to do it. My teacher doesn't know that I learn by watching yet.

:woo:

3. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Ahh...I think the Tumbling Kick is right near the very last pages of the kicking section in the Condensed Encyclopedia, near the Reflex Kick. Sasun Sogi - Diagonal Stance, in which case, that makes it even harder to land properly. The tumbling kick is an rather rare technique to see performed in ITF Taekwon-do, most people simply have never heard of it, and I'll bet most of the higher-ups don't have the flexibility to pull it off :p J/K though, but it isn't a very well known move.

4. shalomdokwan87

shalomdokwan87 Valued Member

i would say the buterfly kick because u can folow it up with anouther as much as u want but that is just what works for me

5. HeadKick44

HeadKick44 New Member

For sparring: Outside to inside crescent kick. For Looks: the 540 kick, also known as the tiger kick. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is essentially an advanced tornado kick. Instructions: Take a momentum step with right leg. Spin to left so right leg comes back to the front and kick with right leg. Here's where it gets tricky, you have to then land on the right foot, the foot you also kicked with and jumped off of. See it here under the first part of "advanced kicking" http://mkmartialarts.com/videos/ It's almost getting to the piont where I can break a board with this kick. No easy feat.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  6. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

We always called that a 360 inner crescent. I have been wondering what all of you were talking about. I can almost do it but probably need to lose about 100 lbs before I can land it good

7. Taekwonfox

Taekwonfox New Member

Well Id have to say that I dont have any favorite kicks but I do enjoy pulling off a 360, gives you great satisfaction, and also axe kicks (although being on the recieving end is'nt fun XD ) there is a kick we do which is rather fun, you aim for the head with a turning kick and miss then you pull your leg back and slap your opponents face with your foot, it sounds weird but it works quite well in sparring.

8. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

Would that be consecutive turning kick/hooking kick?

I must admit that I like the axe kick in sparring - you get protection as you chamber the kick and the only real way not to get hit is to move - so when your opponent comes forward with the sidekick, chamber and drop the axe kick on their chest/head (if you're that flexible).

9. Ko Kicker

Ko Kicker New Member

Ummm!!

My favorite is either a old school hook kick or an Axe kick, snaps their shoulder bone everytme. :woo:

10. Leo_E_49

Leo_E_49 Valued Member

Oohh, missed this one when i searched. :p

Side kick is my fave. :)

11. yodaofcoolness

yodaofcoolness New Member

What kick do you like the most?

Saw the "the kick do you hate the most" thread, and decided to ask what kick you like the most. :)

So whats your favorite...side kick?, spin roundkick? hook kick... etc., and why?

12. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Round house,for me its quick,powerful and one of the kicks I can also do gracefully with control.

13. The ones that look good. Because they feel good! These include, 540 kick. Jumping reverse hooking kick. Inner Crescent kick into 360 flying Inner crescent kick. No real purpose to them, but when you can jump well, spin well and move your legs well it's just interesting to see which of the more 'flashy' moves you can do.

Best fighting kick - Roundhouse to the knee/thigh.

14. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Spiral Kick for me (Jumping sidekick into a backick)

15. I like hook kick.. and jumping reverse turning kick.

16. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Reverse turning kick is cool, but I do like those spiral kicks. :D

17. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Front snap kick, fast kick, or side kick. All are very quick and have power. They may not take out my opponent but they can sure back them up! :cool: :Angel:

18. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

My favorite kick is spinning hook kick. I just love when I hit someone with that kick.

My most useful kick is the turning kick, besides it is my most powerful and fast kick.

19. nightcrawlerEX

nightcrawlerEX Valued Member

Down spinning kick (leg sweep) (down spinning hook kick)

Roundhouse kick

Tripple front kick

Jump turn side

20. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

!

I'm with Ragnarok. I learned to do a butterfly kick, and its so much fun :p

I also like the feel of a 360 hook kick. The torque roxx0rz! (For lack of a better word...like pwns...)