favorite kick

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, Oct 10, 2003.

1. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

oh yeah, that one can definitely come in handy, i have also used it in fights. it annoys the opponent :) and after doing it u just continue with a combination and score, thank u ladies and gentleman:D

2. Ara

Ara New Member

not powerful? i disgree, with the right technique, of the front leg, side kick can be incredibly powerful and explosive

3. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

True, it can. But i do it just to interupt my opponents attack and to set up a more powerful kick.

4. Buxton TKD

Buxton TKD New Member

I think nothing can beat a proper side kick (yop Chagi), if you have a high chamber then no-one can get past it!!

But kicks like jumping reverse back and turning kicks do wonders for the crowed!!

Tae Kwon

5. Ara

Ara New Member

I agree other kicks have a greater wow! factor ;)

6. stirlingTKD

stirlingTKD New Member

Definately sidekick. Although my sidekick still needs alot of work.

7. MaleficentSnape

MaleficentSnape New Member

My favorite is definitely the tornado kick. It's just awesome!

8. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

yes, definately sidekick.

9. iceflame13

iceflame13 New Member

i like all kicks but if it lands i consider it a good kick.i think regular roundhouse kicks and side kicks are my favourite though.

10. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

yes roundhouse and jumping roundhouse...i got a nice shot against an instructor in my junior shodan grading yesterday with a jumping roundhouse...x-step side kick is awesome too...oh and spinning hook kicks are nice...not forgetting good ol'front kick either!!

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Favorite in battle: Side Kick

Favorite overall: Axe Kick

PL

12. peacfulwarrior

peacfulwarrior New Member

Fav Kick(s)

My fav would be the jump spin crecent kick similar to Juan Claude but I usually curl my back leg up in stead of straight out. During one of my graduation I forget what belt buy my instructor had me do 10 in a row because he liked my kick so much.

Here is a combo kick that I put together.
    On a right lead guard stance start with an inside to outside crecent kick with your front right leg. Then follow with a outside to inside crecent kick with your back left. When that leg is on the ground use it to start a jump spin crecent kick with your right foot. Finally before landing finish with a front kick with your left leg while in the air.

Not recommended for SD situation but I used during 1 step sparring.

[​IMG]

13. TKD Girl

TKD Girl New Member

I like the jumping back kick at the moment, you can catch the opponent with it everytime, especially if most people your belt level have no clue what that kick it. LOL

14. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

My personal favorites are the side kick and the jumping snap kick straight to the head! :D

15. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

that's a good kick to use when u find urself in the corner at competitions :D that one or panda

16. TKD Girl

TKD Girl New Member

Yeah I agree Neryo_TKD

I also find it works as a great counter for turn kicks or if someone is chasing you around the ring. Of course the Side Kick works great too, but you get extra points for doing a jumping kick if you have the right timing and can land it.

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yap...

how can someone not love TKD? besides having all those great kicks, let's not forget that you can do them in many different ways, depending on the situation :) :) :)

18. praying-mantis

praying-mantis New Member

my first post

I do Kung Fu, not TKD, so I don't know how you call it.

You get your knee up, like for a normal front kick, and then u kick towards the opponents knee. (of course in real combat, not sparring, it breaks his knee if you hit).

Good at very close range, but i suppose that doesn't happen too often in TKD.

praying-mantis

19. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Re: my first post

Welcome praying-mantis and I hope you enjoy the TKD forum. With no disrespect intended, we do actaully do some close work in TKD... I think you are refering to the tournment rules where we don't strike below the waist. Also in TKD we do use low kicks, hand techniques and such... quite different than in tournaments. Welcome and I look forward to you sharing more of what you do!

20. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Re: Re: my first post

exactly. many people think that TKD is what they see at competitions and that we only stick to those rules. but that is not true. we learn it all: fighting at competitions but also street fighting. all sorts of kicks, punches, self-defence, weapons are also included etc etc etc