favorite kick

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Samurai_24

Samurai_24 self-own3d

Good ole' round kick.

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

dolyo chagi kicks are really great. u can do them in different situations, in different ways, they are so efficient, u can aim for the head or waist. really good kicks.
    i was surprised to read about the other kicks that weren't so familiar to me, because after all this is the TAEKWONDO section, right?????

3. beth

beth New Member

Jackie Li--Nope, I'm in Lawrence,KS.

4. Holgate

Holgate New Member

good old simple turning kick, no need for the fancy stuff, people can see that coming and prepare themselves, get in with a simple kick they have less time to defend.

5. Helm

Helm New Member

Thats exactly why landing a fancy kick is so freakin sweet :D

6. flyingblackbelt

flyingblackbelt New Member

yeah i know what you mean helm, it takes a lot of setup and practice to actually land a fancy kick because people generally see them coming, but there aint nothing better then when you actually land it and you hear the collective oooooooo from the people watching, or in the case of my instructor a bruce lee like wasahhh.

7. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

knee stomp kick with toes pointed 45 degrees out from body also great for jamming any kick thrown though i also like the jump,spin fake then follow through with the other leg round kick... just like the way it feels

8. Helm

Helm New Member

Yeah totally man.
    Me and a mate were sparring in the middle of the class. Whole school watching us, he came in, faked a front kick...and jumped forward and i threw a chopping kick off the front leg, snapped his head right back and made a sweet "Slaaaaaaap" sound. the whole class went "oooooooooooooh". Feels sooooo good :D

9. TKD

TKD New Member

Just for the pure sweet joy of throwing it, the 360 hook kick. In place, jumping off of both feet at once. Just feels so good!

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Op chagi to the knee cap.

11. VillageIdiot

VillageIdiot New Member

Well I'm not sure what everyone calls every kick and what not. But my favorite is the fake reverse cresent kick, with a jumping cresent kick attached. It's probably not a very good one to use in a real fight, but it's easy, and pretty. lol

12. hwarang

hwarang Guest

for practicality - back kick, front kick, turning kick (all can be executed at varying heights)

for demonstrations 540s reverse turning kick, jumping double feet kicks

13. labeledas

labeledas Valued Member

counter-back kick all the way, the timing is hard to catch somebody with full extension, but oh man it feels sweet when you do

14. flyingblackbelt

flyingblackbelt New Member

work on that counter-back kick. If you can get it down its an amazin weapon in youre arsenal and is fairly important for a more defensive fighting style. Besides if you happen to catch someone running in to that at the tournament they're definately gonna feel it.

15. popop

popop New Member

I really like yop tchagui because it's a nice and "pure" kick,
    Yet duit tchagui is so powerful ...

seems like everyone use english version of kick name, i don't know them, sorry ^^

16. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

360 or 540 roundhouse fo' sho'

although i gotta admit, i do have a special thing for the spinning kick ever since i hit one older student in the head with it twice! it was rewarding to do because this kid is so cocky he normally spars without a helmet and nobody in the school has ever kicked him in the head before, glad i was the first

17. tkderf

tkderf New Member

I see a lot of poeple posting their favorites kicks as jumped Wheachook Chagi (spin) and dragon kick. I agree, these are really beautiful kicks and can impress poeple around you. But are they really useful in a competition environment?

Would you dare to come out with a jump wheachook in a world championship final when you perfectly know that a good block with a small dodge would make you lose your balance. The only thing your oponent would have to do is a perfect round kick to knock you out...

that's why i beleive these kind of kicks are really nice but they are far to be my favorites, a simple, straight and normal wheachook can be very useful in a fight, but i prefere what's safe, strong, fast and efficient. So far, the Dolyochagi and the Dwitchagi (and dwitchagi Bart-Auh chagi) are my favorites.

By the way i am new here, and i am really happy to be part of this forum. I hope we can share a lot togheter.

Thanks

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Welcome to MAP tkderf.... and

BTW... head over to our TKD Check In thread located in (where else?) the Tae Kwon Do Forum!

I agree with your comment regarding how these "fancy" kicks are not 'appropriate' in your opinion for competition (not to mention in a SD situation) as simple Round or Back kick .... but that doesn't mean they cannot be one's favorite kick to perform on one's own.

I personally love doing those kicks which , for the most part challenge my abilities; speed, balance, extension, control... and in turn 'showcase' my 'talent'.

I happen to love performing 360 roundhouses and 540(tornadoes) ... :love:

19. tkderf

tkderf New Member

I understand your point kickchick, and i agree with it, everyone has their own visions and goals in TKD and they may differ between poeple.

One of the main reasons why i am more into a 'fight efficient' direction is because of my physicall limitations, i am 6'3" 220 pounds, jumping is very bad for my knees and i tend to go back down as fast as i went up ;).

20. HeadKick44

HeadKick44 New Member

Out to in crescent kick. Great for head shots, but requires long legs. I have no problems there.