extreme martial arts clubs/gyms

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by cavallin, Sep 10, 2009.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

Hello!
    I have searched all over the internet and cannot find any extreme martial art clubs or "tricks" clubs around the south east (UK). I'd be willing to travel a fair way to find a club! just wondered if anyone knew how common these clubs are!
    thank you!!
    (long time no see :))

2. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

try adult gymnastic classes, you'll probs find trickers there.

3. liero

liero Valued Member

darn tooting on the gym stuff. most gymnastics clubs have open floor sessions and you'll get alot of people coming in to use foam pits, tramps, springy floors etc.

If nothing like thats around you, look at a performance kung fu place that offers acrobatics?

4. Atre

Atre Valued Member

Yep, go to a full on gymnasium (tumble runs, parallel bars and girls in leotards - that kind of gym) and most of the guys either focus on doing parkour or are stuntmen [according to a gymnast girl at Uni with me].

I swear that the big parkour websites feature club lists and tools for parkour people to find each other - but I assume you've looked there.

5. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

no i didn't think of Parkour. i didn't know they kicked ;)
    my friend is a gymnast but there are no boys there...

6. Atre

Atre Valued Member

Whoops... In my head I associate tricking and extreme martial arts with groups like team ryoko (ryuoko?) and the emc monkeys - learning stuff like a 540 J turn etc... and then looking cool jumping about. Assumed that was what you were after.

What are you looking for? / What are your reasons for doing extreme martial arts?

7. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

me and my BF want to be able to do cool kicks, that's all! for no other reason than it's fun and looks cool. something to complement our training!
    we found a "freestyle" gym 30mins from ours, and it looks good - no official teacher of tricks though, but i'm quite happy to look at tutorials from club540 and give them a go!!
    even if i just improve my 360 turning kick i'll be happy :)