European Championships 2006

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by AirNick, Jun 4, 2006.

1. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

That's another tournament done and dusted!

Very busy week but I really enjoyed it. Congrats to everyone who competed. Especially Gi Ma Ja Se and ksn_matt who both got grand champ.

I think I saw just about every UK based KSW map member over the weekend which was cool. I didn't get the chance to introduce myself to ksw_greenman or kws_martley but I did see you both.

The demo also went well. There was a very touching tribute to DL.Demolition as part of it.

2. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Was there a tournament??????? Don't know about JKNGT but all i remember is a view finder lol God my right eye hurts :D :D

3. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

yeah it was a really good weekend, i also got to put a few names to faces.

congratulations to everyone who competed and promoted.

agreed with the tribute to DL Demoltion. it was very touching and i'm not afraid to say it almost reduced me to tears. RIP.

hopefully get to see some of you guys again in november.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  4. Silentmonk

Still at least it was nice to see everyone working so hard to pull it off again. Hey Nick. :D

Attached Files:

• N55.jpg
      N55.jpg
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views:
  5. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

HA HA. he's probably just seen my scores in the tournament and can't stop laughing :D :eek:

6. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

Best tournament I've had so far (erm not including medal count, unfortunately :D) - apart from the journey to Lowestoft lol - before half 3 this morning, Sunday (when we got back), I hadn't slept for 42 hours since, I was competing after 26 hours of being awake :eek: I got gold medals for red belt forms and techniques though, which was good. We were the very first people at the centre on Saturday, got there at half 4 in the morning! Oh yeah, thank god for GPS.

The only names I put to faces were ksw_greenman and AirNick. That was easy!

Very good demo :) Slight shame about the breaking, the boards actually looked thicker than usual? :confused: But as you all know, what may be achieved in practice can never account for a certain demo.

Yes the tribute to David was very touching, I made my donation afterwards.

Congratulations to all competitors and promoters.

7. JKN-Scott

JKN-Scott New Member

Yeah overall it was a good weekend, besides part of my sword coming off half way through Guhm Mo Hyung and flying over Kuk Sa Nim.

And to make it even better, KJN Alex Suh made a point of coming up to me and saying "Jkn! I think part of your sword is over there!"

8. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

Glad to hear it went well. This was the first tournament that my school, Livingston, went to. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there. :( But I'll be at the British!

Just got to ask a few names. Is KSN Matt the grand champion from last year? I heard he beat my instructor (KSN John Edmiston) by using front kick repeatedly! :D

Other than that, I have no idea who anyone else on MAP is. I hope to see you all on MAP.

P.S. Glad to hear that DL Demolition was remembered. What exactly happened?

9. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Hey, I was tired!

No, ksn_matt won this year not last year. I don't think he sparred John.

Martley, I saw you when I came in to check the footy score but you were eating with your family so didn't want to interrupt :)

The boards were a bit of a problem this time. They were really thick and had been left in a damp loft for a year apparently, not good.

We had minute silence for DL.

10. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

Great to see people down there, and work out who some people are.

Congrats to all participants, winners, promotees and demo-ers, and well done / thanks to the organisers and judges (esp. Davefly76 who had the dubious pleasure of being a judge for my enormous category - do you ever want to see Dae Guep again? ;) )

My interaction with the boards was limited to being a holder, but they seemed horrible - respect to anyone who managed to actually break one; I enjoyed AirNick's backward somersault break.

11. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

:D i'm guessing you are the guy with curly hair? you should have said hello although i did have my suspitions thats who you were.

i quite enjoyed watching dae guep hyung. last year i had the pleasure of watching guhm moo hyung about 20 times so it was quite refreshing to watch a short form :)

12. JKN-Scott

JKN-Scott New Member

Yeah the back somersault break was nice but personally I think it was all down to the board holder if you ask me! :D :D

13. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

I wasn't sure of the protocol, first tournament n' all (and I was unexpectedly nervous).

Well yes, I can see how it seemed like light relief by comparison :)

14. kswgreenman

kswgreenman New Member

:D Well, you must need a hell of a grip with those meaty boards - everyone who actually managed to hit any of the boards I held sent them flying out of my limp feeble mits, despite my best efforts.

15. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

One of our guys won first degree grand champ. Him and the guy he was drawin with had to do their form as a tie break for the grand champ in front of 5 masters, whilst everyone in the hall watched (apparently all 5 went for our boy!)

16. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

although me and john were in the same group this year, unfortunatly we didn't get to spar, he was beaten by stuart gouch, who i then went on to beat in the semi's, he did beat me in breaking getting a gold, and also in self defence (i think).

p.s. i use a side kick repeatedly (the infamous "nick kick", learnt from airnick), don't like front kicks much :D

17. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

ksn_matt, are you going to have to change your sig to psbn_matt now? I was looking at the Kuk Sool website and a bunch of you guys got promoted to 3rd. Awesome.

18. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

Ooh yeah, hadn't thought of that. Your post count will have to start at the beginning again, haha.

Or did it stand for Kuk Sa Nim_Matt?

19. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

don't worry about that my friend, i'm as humble as they come. ;)

20. Silentmonk

replace humble with fat :D :D sorry buddy couldn't resist. Ok who wants to play spot the MAPPER ??????? any objections to pictures being posted get in now. :)