empty force in melbourne

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by timedoctor, Dec 30, 2005.

1. timedoctor

timedoctor New Member

I'm not here to debate whether Empty Force works or not. I'm interesting in finding someone who is knowledgeable of empty force in the Melbourne area. Feel free to PM me.

2. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

What is empty force?

3. John G

John G Valued Member

Google it :)

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I'm sure there are lots of people willing to acquaint you with frauds in the Melbourne area.

5. Jekyll

Jekyll Valued Member

I heard of some Yellow Bamboo practioners, who challenged a couple of BJJ guys in the melbourn area.
    You might want to contact them, but first read about it here and watch the footage.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=34284

6. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

I think there is a book on the subject of empty force so waste a little money on that rather then wasting alot on a teacher who is truly empty and therefore needs your money to be full again ;)

7. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

Take your pick :D

Attached Files:

8. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

Take your pick

Attached Files:

• emp3.jpg
      emp3.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

More Still

Attached Files:

• emp5.jpg
      emp5.jpg
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
  10. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

More

Attached Files:

• emp4.jpg
      emp4.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

12. timedoctor

timedoctor New Member

Thanks Narrue, I've trained with some of Erle's guys before. Erle himself is now over in the UK and he's very good at what he does.

13. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Valued Member

Doesn't Erle say that Empty Force is a load of garbage?

14. timedoctor

timedoctor New Member

yep

15. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

That's because Empty force (kong jin) is a load of garbage.

16. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Church of Scientology?

17. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Empty force is simply using a hole that is develop when two forces are interacting. You really need a lot of skill and MA experience to exploit that gap.

Same applies to qi power. However this one involves a different approach and not necessarily MA oriented.

BTW, forget about Mantak Chia he is simply a Taoist marketer who stole the knowledge from various Chinese masters.

Avoid him and his books since he himself doesn't know the whole picture. His system is dangerous as he picked bits and pieces from here and there.

CG.

18. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

Empty force is simply using a hole that exists between peoples ears so that they will spend money on things that have no reality.
    I seen one guy doing this and the opponent had to stand motionless in a receptive mode for a long period of time before he began to gently sway and loose balance. When someone attacks you are you going to say "wait a second stand motionless and let me gently move you with my empty force". Although marketed as a useful martial arts technique it really has no usefulness for defensive purposes.
    As for Mantak Chia, who did he take the technique from? Probably from another fraud like David Shen?

19. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Hi,

I don't think an academic like Mr. Verdesi is a fraud at all. He is just a researcher that gathered some Taoist material from the East and exposed to the West like so many other foreigners. He could have written and make a book and make millions and I still would say good on him but watch out because you can get hurt as well. No book can transmit the whole picture.

Just practice on your own (if you can't find a master of a real linage), follow steadily your path and do it for a long, long time. Then you might realise that you won't need anyone. Gautama did that.

CG.

20. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

I think that self teaching is an important thing. Most of the deeper aspects of martial arts which I know were all self taught off the efforts of my own investigations. I realised at a young age that we should not relay on our teachers for our progression. I used to practice Qi gong every day but realised that I was not progressing as I thought I should. When I sat back and examined the situation I realised that the only way to progress was to become my own teacher.
    I would recommend that to everyone, listen to your teacher but don’t blindly follow.