Emin Boztepe seminar review

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Sporran, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Sporran

Sporran Silverback.

Hey y'all.
    Last night in MAP member Mark Davies Black Belt Academy in Arbroath, Wing Tsun master Sifu Emin Boztepe gave a 4 hour seminar, attended by such esteemed MAP fellows as Andy "doesn't really have horns" Murray, Mark Davies of course and myself. The seminar was hosted by Paul Johnson, who runs a small group in Arbroath.

I'll do a proper write up later today, but suffice to say that while attendance was perhaps less than you would expect for such a world renowned master instructor, the material covered and the presentation was top notch.

Sifu Emin gave a thorough explanation of his concepts of the system, and showed us techniques from his anti-grappling program, many defences against kicks (shins are a bit sore today), and demonstrated some Latosa Escrima.

He's very approachable, not at all what I expected. I was lucky enough to go to the "after-party", as was Mark, where we chilled with Emin, had a gossip, beer, etc.

Great night. Will write up a proper report later. I think Mark took some photos?
    Adios,
    Bigrich.

2. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Rich

Really wanted to go but was just too short notice for me.

It's not often you get such famous MAs up in our kneck of the woods.

Glad it was good though...

Paul

3. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Don't worry, I'll get up there someday. ;)

(again)

Good to see it was so good Rich. Looking forward to some pics or more details :D

4. Sporran

Sporran Silverback.

To be honest, I didn't like the escrima much, and some of his arguments as to why Latosa's method is great don't stand up to much real scrutiny. Small gripe overall.

Other than that, I found all the WT stuff consistent and useful. More when I have time.......

Still, other people may have different opinions, but this one is all mine.