Elephant style Muay Thai?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by KuKulzA, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Very informative post. The old stuff is pretty cool it seems.

2. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

George...

Refresh my memory... "Lion's Walk" is in MuayThai Chaiya, and "Tiger's Walk" is in MuayThai Korat, right?

There are a number of "animalistic" techniques or strategies within MuayThai, but as George stated, there is no overall animal style. MuayThai has moves to mimic movements by certain animals such as monkeys, elephants, birds, crocodiles, snakes, horses, deer, etc.... But there is no actual "style" devoted to any of these animals.

3. scottv

scottv New Member

There's so many names. Sometimes varies for the same moves.

This one guy told me about "Alligator whips it's tail" basicly a roundhouse kick,followed by a reverse roundhouse (The alligator's tail) with the other leg.

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

scotty,thats jorake(crocodile) fad hang,there doesnt need to be a round kick before the trick,all of muay thai is cool isnt it! :)

5. georgestando

georgestando Valued Member

Depends on how you learn the system or systems, most of the stuff is clear when you learn, since it follows the main body of the system and the principles and theories project through it. I notice alot of americans get very, very caught up in the names and do it very robotically without any meaning or any eye toward using it, more like a showpiece or a kata.

6. Existence

Existence Super Saiyajin :o

does it involve shrimp? :D