Ed Parker...Show and tell

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Jun 14, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi all,
    I see on the www.sanjosekenpo.com website that EPJr is going to participate more with knowledge about his dad.
    That is good, he is going to open up and share, I am glad for him.

Gary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted at SHK by Ted Sumner.

Edmund Parker Jr. has established a new website. He gives his purpose and intentions in the following post from the KenpoNet Forum. It looks very interesting.

Ted

"I have decided to show the kenpo community what it looks like through my eyes. So I found a site that I am sharing a tremendous amount of personal files that I have on my father as well as rare never before seen photos. This site http://americankenpoforum.com is better structured for this type of information for me to release. The KenpoNet is a wonderful venue for many things and serves it own place in kenpo, but this other site lends to a better for what my particualr needs are.

The photos I am posting I will ad information and a depth to this community that few realize exists. I will be adding captions and update them during the times I can come online during the days in between the artwork I am doing (I am currently working on Mr. Lee Wedlake's newest book cover, I think it looks really cool and am having fun with it). I have many, many more to share. Because I do not just see one group I see the kenpo community as a whole. I travel all over the world and meet so many passionate people who care about American kenpo and my father. It really is a large and wonderful collection of people throughout the world.

I am so blessed to see the legacy of my father and I feel it might be time to share things from a different perspective and from a more positive and productive level. All these years I have done nothing but support each branch of my fathers art. I have endorsed each group and supported everyone I have ever been asked to support. I have donated a tremendous amount of art and portraits trying my best to do what I can with the talents that I possess. I never understood how one must loose for another to win unless it is a street or ring fight. I never cared for politics or any of the selfish business side of the art (that has always made me sad and frustrated).

I prefer to see things from a larger perspective. Most people do not know that even the kenpo kards project was meant to be something great for the community. The project was greeted with many a mixed emotion. It was my way of releasing the notes of my fathers on cheat sheets if you will. It was also my Black Belt thesis and a about 25 other reasons. Most saw the cards based upon my artwork vs. the material of my fathers that was not released. I did not make it about me or my art my name does not show up on any of the material for the most part because I wanted the focus to be on my father and his works on not me. I was only hoping that people would see that and support that but they looked at what I was doing as a threat or as a cartooney type of thing and did not take it that serious.

I also had an ulterior motive and that was to be proactive in raising the next generation of kenpoists. I know that children have been over looked in this community and yet they are the largest group in our industry and so few show a care and focus on them. I have met 6 year olds that have each kenpo kard memorized by the picture and name only. All they have to do is see the image and they know the name of the technique. Imagine when they are in their 20's they might have the backs of the kards memorized. It is important to be proactive in raisning the next batch of seniors even though we will not be alive to witness the fruits of our labors.

Please visit the site once again it is http://americankenpoforum.com. Please upload your own photos as I would love to see kenpo through our eyes as well. I will keep posting, but like my wife and children they need to hear that "I love you" each day, so I like to know that you want or appreciate this stuff, so please leave a post to lend your support don't just read and take with out contributing.

Thank you.

Edmund K. Parker Jr."

The KenpoNet Forum, "Kenpo through my eyes" - Ed Parker Jr. on Jun 13, 2007, 12:35 PM

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Lots of very cool old pictures!

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

my favorite

This might be my favorite

[​IMG]

Prof. Chow about to destroy 3-4" of wood.

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Yes that is cool, it is in the 1'st Infinite Insights book, around page 25 or so.

Interesting foot stance (chow) if you really were to be truly trying to hit hard it would not be that stance IMHO.

The other two are correct. Must always look close and observe, for the eye cannot trespass. :D

Gary

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007