Drum & Bass thread... (tracks, styles and whatever)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jesh, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Ok, so because I don't play hardcore anymore doesn't mean that I softened up... as a matter of fact it just got louder... :D

My poison over the last few years has been D & B... so anyone who shares this passion with me is welcome to contribute to this thread...

Some of my favorite tracks:

Bad Company - Planet Dust
    Ed Rush & Optical - Kerbcrawler
    Optical - Raging Calm
    Teebee - End Game

I'll be back later to share more, but it's getting late now and I'm sleepy...

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

It's been a while since I really listened to some D&B

I used to be 'into' it but now listen more to house.

I'd probably have to dig out some records to give you some tracks, so lets just say 'old skool' :)

Familiar with the term jungle? well that's how long ago I first got into it. boy do I feel old..

I like all genres of music, but you could say I'm more into the house stuff these days..

I like its uplifting nature.. :)

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Ok, I prefer Hardcore. I in fact saw one of your bretherin Jesh, DJ Isaac :D. However, with that said, Music is my passion, and so I also enjoy the good ol' DNB from time to time.

Some good artists are.

DJ Zinc
    DJ Hype
    DJ Aphorodite
    Oxide and Neutrino
    So Solid Crew

4. Jesh

I've been listening since the "jungle" era too, so I know what you mean GEO.
    I think it's a damn shame that they don't make 'em like they used to, but hey that's evolution... ;)

That's not D&B... that's breakbeat at best. But that's great too, I love the break.

If you want a solid MA D&B track, search:

Source Direct - Concealed Identity

This track is HUGE !!! Check out the chopped amen break with sword sounds. Very, very cool...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

I like the dark sounding D&B like dillinja, ed rush+optical, ray kieth and photek.

6. Jesse@RTKD

Jesse@RTKD New Member

I like D&B that isnt just some drum loop repeating...and actually uses BASS.
    Bubblegum crisis 2040 soundtrack is cool too.

7. Jesh

Yep, me too... big Virus fan here, I have almost everything from them on vinyl.

8. NaughtyKnight

When I come visit you in the NL man, you have to show me the best places to get vinyl. :D That and take me to some good dance parties. :D

9. Jesh

OMG, are you asking me out on a date Naughty ??? :eek:

No, you're right man... I'll show you everything you want !!! :D

10. NaughtyKnight

Of course its a date man ;) you sexy netherland bastid :D.

I've always wanted to hit up amsterdam, it sounds like exactly my scene. Dance Party, sex and drug capital of the world! *dies of happiness*.

I hope vinyl is cheaper there aswell. Its $16 for 1 record here :cry:

11. Jesh

Ehhh, Amsterdam is pretty ok... and everything you mentioned is readily available there as everyone knows. The vinyl goes for around 12-15 Euro over here... so it's not really that cheap although you can get good bargains here, plus the fact that you have an almost unlimited amount of styles and sounds to choose from.

12. NaughtyKnight

12-15euros!? Its cheaper to get it here then!

Owell. Im sure the selection would be infinatly better in the land that created the styles.

I so have to go to sensation while im there. Both the white and Black rooms!

13. Jesh

Sensation are two separate parties organised at the Amsterdam Arena, stadium of Ajax Amsterdam. I've never been there, but that's because they don't do D&B... :(

14. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

15. Jesh

Ahhh... lucky you !!!

I expect a full review when you've seen it...

16. NaughtyKnight

Crystal Method and Aphrodite. That would go off! :D

I prefer hardstyle raves though, but I wouldnt mind going to a dnb party either.

17. Jesh

Dude, if you've never been to one... you really should check it out !!! If you ever get to here, we'll check one of those out as well... :)

18. NaughtyKnight

BLOODY OATH MATE!!! :D

I'm going to need soooo much money though....

19. Jesh

OMG, me too !!! :D

But I have some connections at a good place where they have very good parties, it's not like The Arena. More a small club, but they always have THE BEST drum & bass and techno dj's from all over the world. Some friends of mine work there and some of them regularly perform there. It's a well known place in my in the dance- and hiphopscene in my country as well as abroad.

Doornroosje

The site is in Dutch, but you can scope out the pics...

-EDIT-

I see they have an English section as well, good for you lol...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  20. NaughtyKnight

*Jaw Drops*

Oh we are so going!

*Knight starts a new account, the rave around amsterdam account* :D