Dragon Homecoming

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by wayofthedragon, Feb 11, 2005.

1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Good to be back on MAP. Boot Camp was a blast. I had so much fun, met so many great people. It was an experience. Since I've last been here on MAP, I got married as well. Currently I am stationed in Chesapeake Virginia. What's great is that there are like 4 MA schools right down the road from where I live. And several more around the area. I've checked 2 of them out already that are right down the road from me and will probally decide between those to. One of them...The Eastern Academy of MA, teaches filipino MA, Muay Thai, JKDC and Bjj. The Other...Virginia MA center, teaches An Okinawain style of karate. chito ryu (spelling is way off) some japenese style of jujitsu that starts with an A, Kobudo, Iaido, And there is a tai chi insturctor there as well. I am so excited. Although before I make my final decision, I may check out some of the others in other near by areas. Well, just up dating My MAP family on whats been going on. It's so good to be back online, and I'll be in and out so I'm pretty much back. However being in the coast guard, I'll be at sea for six weeks at a time with my job. But I'll have plenty of time when not at sea :) One last thing. Anyone on here from the VA-Portsmouth, chesapeake, norfolk, VA Beach or anywhere around area :confused: Just curious to know(No females please, I am on strict guidelines)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome Back WOTD!!!!!!!! (Alreet :D)

Bloody hell, things have been going well for you! :eek: :D

Glad to have you back where you belong :D

3. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

Welcome back WOTD, glad everythings going well. Got any more poems for us?

4. MatsuRyu

MatsuRyu New Member

i guess i joined too recently too have known you already, but welcome back buddy!

sounds like two awesome schools, either one sounds good from here! :D

Congrats on your various accomplishments mate! :cool:

5. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Welcome to the area. I probably live not far from you. I’ll answer any questions I can about the area. There a lot of schools depending on what you want. Let me know what you are looking for before you make a commitment. I have been in the area for over 30 years.

6. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Wow...all the best WOTD - nice to have you back :)

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Welcome back... you've been missed here!

8. Master Lee

Master Lee New Member

welcome back coastguard sounds like fun

9. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Yes the coast gaurd is fun!!! I hope so:confused: I haven't really experienced much yet. Anyway, it feels good to be welcomed back. Thanx everyone for making it feel great to be back here. And, ofcourse I can't wait to put together some more poems. Haven't really had time latley though. Hey OldShadow where in VA do you live, I'm like on the boarder of chesapeke and portsmouth. You were here over 30 years so you probally know where wood haven apts are. Where do you train, and can you tell me anything about the Virgina MA center, because that is where I decided to start training and am going to check it out tonight.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I gotta look at it this way. Anyone who thinks boot camp was a blast was meant to be in the military. I'm glad to see your back and okay.