Door Knocking Martial Artists?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by watto86, Jan 13, 2006.

1. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Today two guys from the Go-Kan-Ryu Karate Do knocked on my door trying to get me to join their dojo. Basically they said they had some cheap introductory offer for people joining up. All that aside. I'm not intrested in that atm. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had people from a local martial arts school knock on their door like this as a promotion?

2. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Yes. 99.9% of the time it is the GKR peeps. :D

3. watto86

lol. Do you get others then?
    I didn't have the heart to tell them that i'm most likely going to the local Wing Chun school or this BJJ school.

4. Gray

Gray New Member

It's ridiculous, if you ask me.

5. scorpiowarrior

scorpiowarrior Valued Member

I`ve had these guys round my place. when i asked if i could come see a class i was told i couldn`t . THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN UP WITHOUT EVEN SEEING A CLASS.!!!!!!! I also work in employment and they always looking for "recruitment managers!". they do offer free training if you work for them but they seem well dodgy. I was bored that night so I thought I`d waste his time!!!! :p

6. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

There's a thread on here about GKR. Makes for er interesting reading! :D

7. watto86

After reading some of the stuff on their website I don't think they're the type of place i'm looking for anyway.

8. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

No, I've only ever had a couple GKR ones, but I'm sure some other MAs might do it.....maybe, lol. GKR is well known for it around here, do a search and you will see. :D

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

they're the jehova's witnesses of the martial arts, just more irritating

10. Lord Spooky

Yeah but a Jehova's witness can put up a better fight when you tell em to sod off!!

:D :D

11. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

verbally, and physically likely ;)

12. Lord Spooky

One of the best bits for me was when I asked a GKR guy who'd come a knocking what their training was like and how their methods were applicable in a modern environment his response was...............

"It's deadly" :eek: :D

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

But did he say "it's teh deadly"? :D

...that's my new mission in life - to make a GKR door knocker say "ph33r my 1337 5k!11z!!!!ONE" :D :D :D

14. Lord Spooky

No he looked from side to side, very action man like :D, then lowered his voice to just above a whisper! :D

After that I got em doing Kata in the street !

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That rocks! Next time film it! You could win £250 on You've Been Framed!

16. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

They do seem to come on MAP sometimes too. I don't remember her username now, but a while ago someone signed up and her profile said she was 16 (IIRC) and was a 6th dan in GKR Karate, shortly to take her 7th dan!

17. Lord Spooky

Say's it all really doesn't it?

18. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

I agree..In my city the local PD came up with these NO SOLICITATION signs with fines for those who disturb a hose displaying one of these signs..

19. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

spar with them on the door step !!!!!
    it's fun ...tell them you know nothing about their style and ask them to show you what they do!!!

as suggested video it for the rest of us to watch .....LOL :woo:

20. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

i went for a job with these guys,found out alot about them on here, so never went for the interview. thanks karate members ;) lucky escape