Does God Exist?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 7pm in Kyoto, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

God isn't a He, God is a She.

Yes I can prove it.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Agreed. :)

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Wow. Really?

I don't know much about the bible, but I always thought that was Milton. I'd love it if you could quote some passages that recount Lucifer's rebellion, and where it says that God is giving Satan a chance to do better.

Thanks in advance :)

4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I thought it was because the director was like "let's give these humans an apple, it'll make God look like even more of a" ...well you know the rest.

5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

If God really is omnipotent, then the whole idea of the devil makes no sense at all. If he has an evil arch-enemy, then he isn't really all-powerful.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

And if God is all knowing then he knows everything we are going to do at the moment of our creation, making the entire notion of free-will a contradiction.

Religion simply makes no sense.

7. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

Exactly my point, If he has a "plan" for us...some of us have a really crappy plan. e.g. cancer, hit by a bus, murdered etc.

I believe there is a creator(s), but I don't think he/they interfere in our lives, or care if we pray to them or not. Life is what you get and what you make of it.

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Depends on your religion and religious sect.
    Religion is the combination of morals, ethics, spirituality, community and politics.

There a number of religions that don't even follow this wacky of omnipotency. Heck some outright acknowledge that belief in gods is the creation of men and that the priestly groups can "bankrupt" a deity.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This is why I hate it when anyone says "someone was looking after them" or "looking out for them" when they get something they like happen to them (even something as asinine as winning a MMA fight). Surely the corollary of that is that everyone that gets the cacky end of the stick doesn't have "someone" looking out for them?

10. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Or to quote my favourite cranky ole observer:

11. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Well i don't know what you guy's want to hear. But i know god exist's. I know he/she exist's because without a god i wouldn't be here. Now you guy's can through all of the logical and scientific stuff at me all you want but science and logic does not have all of the answers to life's question's. According to science and logic i should be dead by now. I was born 4 months to early back in 1993. The doctor's kept on telling my parents to plan a funeral, that i was not going to make it. I also had a staff infection. I was so small i could fit in someone's hand. Against every law of science, odd's, probability, and logic, i survived. Even after that the doctor's kept on saying thing's like i was not going to be able to do everyday kid things because i had a compromised immune system and asthma up the wazoo. So i reject the notion that science and logic are absolute because they are not the end all be all of life. I am a great example of what god can do because he saved my life for a reason. I don't know what that reason is yet but i am willing to do whatever i can to find it out.

12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Even if God were to exist they would still be empty and no better off than anyone else in the grand scheme of things.

Have you thought that you are just attached to the idea of being saved by a supreme being because living with your life and survival as being nothing but a fluke is too hard?

After all if you were saved and others were not then it must say something about you? That's a far more palatable train of thought than that you were simply lucky.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  13. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Satin's rebellion is explained in Revelation's. Revelation's also explains that satin will become the ruler of the earth and deceive mankind. To be more specific Revelation's Chapter 12 verse's 7-9. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Oh so everyone that DOESN'T survive has a meaningless existence and was never going to amount to anything? Must be a comfort for all those child deaths, famines and murders that occur....

"It's OK - your life wasn't going to amount to squat anyway...this anonymous person in a first world country in a hospital with lots of medical advances in hygiene and medicine though? Now HE is worth saving!!!!"

You survived because of science. Even with a crappy prognosis they still kept you on life support and you survived thanks to machines, medicine, innovation and medical training - Neither your god, nor anyone else's had anything to do with it

15. Hannibal

Damn him and his silky ways........

It is also highly allegoric and not meant to be taken literally

16. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

funny because my girlfriend, and her twin, was also born premature and immunocompromised like you yet they don't believe in any god. she just has a much better understanding of probability, which makes her all the more grateful to be alive.

belief in a god is a very personal thing, don't let belief or a lack of it inform every part of your life

17. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I know that god works in mysterious way's. Sometime's he works through miracle's. Other time's he works through people. There is no such thing as luck. Luck is the absence of faith. And faith is the building block's of god's will on the earth.

18. Hannibal

This is the mating call of every zealot and wackjob in history

19. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Tell me though what would you guy's call definitive proof of god's existence?

20. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

No.No it is not. It is simply me explaining my faith in god.