Does Bujinkan Ninjutsu Teach These Moves?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by The Force, Oct 1, 2008.

1. The Force

The Force Valued Member

"NINJA MOVES"​

The typical idea that would come to anybody's mind when we say 'Ninja' is the ninja outfit, speed, flying, flipping, spinning in the air, roll here, roll there, vanishing and you know the weapons. Let's watch this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUm-3nQy9c&feature=related"]Urban Ninja - YouTube[/ame]

Ok you get the idea, of course in a real life fight you want to take time to do a flip and impress or intimidate can actually take your own life, unless used when necessary. My question is, does the Bujinkan Ninjutsu teach these moves? Spinning in the air, flipping, high jump, weapon training ( by that I don't mean just a demonstration of an attack and defence using a weapon, I am talking about being able to do some moves with the weapon, like how Bruce Lee uses his nunchuck for example teaching you to feel the weapon in many ways as you move it, hence confident )

Oh and please don't mistake me, I am not asking if they teach the flipping and spinning in the air, high jump etc because I think that's what Ninjas do, no no, I am here talking about using one's body to be able to perform in such ways to achieve balance. Does the Bujinkan teach that or does one need to go take wushu or gymnastic classes?

2. Decision Tree

Decision Tree Valued Member

Hi

If you want to learn to flip and do spinning kicks, the Bujinkan is not the place to learn it. Some students can do this (I remember seeing some Bujinkan clips on youtube from an Israeli group who seemed to practice it.) Generally, I would say the only acrabatic stuff I do is jumping over chairs, desks etc and landing into a roll, just to practice ukemi.

Saying that, I wouldn't mind learning how to do front and back flips! pretty cool if you can but its not something I would use in The Deadly Streets! haha - imagine doing a back flip into a stance when faced with a big skinhead giving you the eye.

3. Kikaku

Kikaku Gakorai Tosha Akuma Fudo

Yes, everything you see in the video is taught in the Bujinkan. But only after 6th Dan ;)

4. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

God I hate XMA....

ughhhhhhhhhh barrfffff

Having said that:

yes we learn how to use weapons
    there are a few "advanced" ukemi (front hand springs, carwheels, backflips etc)

But they arent used to look cool or flip around and kill people.

5. Shau

Shau kurai okami

I only made it halfway thru before I had to turn it off. We do some ukemi similar, but not that crazy flip butterfly scissor pull your groin in 4 directions stuff. If it's practical then yeah. If someone was to put a wristlock on you then yeah, a cartwheel to reverse may work, Koho Tenkai out of Musha, sure, but nope on the fancy. Flying kicks? Maybe if I was trying to knock someone off a horse. I did see something that resembled yama arashi in there tho.

6. crushing step

crushing step Valued Member

Check out www.bilang.com

It is a central site for martial arts tricksters, including links to organizations and sites with tutorials. Click on the links section, you'll have enough to occupy yourself with.