Does anyone still take Frank Dux seriously?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jocky Balboa, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Wallace was the greatest Oscar winner who never won one. His work is genius! :D

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Watching Vanne Splitzz I would think I'd simply walk away or through his kicks. Watching Wallace.. if I walked away that damn foot would detach and follow me!!! What I DID notice was that even when playing the villian the guys sense of humour still shone through.

regards koyo

3. BilliardPete

BilliardPete Valued Member

Bill was in A Force Of One (bad guy), The Protector (bad guy), When Death Comes Quickly (played himself, it Starred Richard Byrne), and I believe he says he was in Nebores (I know I can't spell).

Pete

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Yeah, guy is a legend :cool:

5. BilliardPete

BilliardPete Valued Member

I think he was the best kick fighter that I have ever seen. I love Bill Wallace (in a real manly way:eek:)...

And as a side note, I like your take on stretching...

Pete

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Cheers Pete :cool:

Btw, it's okay to love Wallace. We're all gay - it's Hollywood! lol ;)

7. Avianraptor

Avianraptor New Member

Well, I currently train under Frank Dux. The man is not a fraud. The internet likes to think he is and that's perfectly fine. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why all the haters are full of BS. He is known for ninjutsu but holds a title of Jo-Dan in 10 different disciplines. If he's a fraud then his insanity taught me how to fight. I guess I was fighting 6th Dans in TKD and winning effortlessly because I'm insane too. The man is legit. I have known him for a long time.

8. Constant Flux

Constant Flux Valued Member

Ok just in case you're not a troll, let me say that Dux's validity as a martial arts master is questionable because the claims he has made of his military service and martial arts back ground remain unsubstantiated. In other words he's full of it.

9. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

There are some videos of Dux doing his techniques on line. I'm not qualified to comment on the techniques but his quality of moment didn't look very impressive and I certainly wouldn't waste time studying under him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdZlI_enhNk"]YouTube - Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: Tiger Claw[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spAGxMJz6iI&feature=related"]YouTube - Hanshi Frank Dux demonstrates: 12 Angles of Attack[/ame]

I certainly wouldn't call him a grand master from these videos.

If on the off chance Dux is reading this: yes I'd love to fight you.

10. RhadeConstantin

RhadeConstantin King of Badasses

Do you have a link to the articles buddy?

11. Constant Flux

Constant Flux Valued Member

12. Dikzzz

Dikzzz Valued Member

Gotta love the internet.
    This justifies everything.

All the science, investigation, historical evidence et al must be complete bunckum.
    Well I'm convinced. If off to eBay for a set of those funny shoes right away. I wonder if they do them in gold lame. That would look great next to the trophies I just ordered. :evil:

13. RhadeConstantin

Are you serious? Really? anyway

Thanks for the link, He seems to have made several claims. Which I'm sure can be verified easily, if they're true that is.. He claims that Bill Ryusaki, Ed Parker, Gerald Okuma,Ted Tubura, S.B Moon, Yeshoua Sofer, Irvin Soto and Rick Robinson and many other martial art experts are on record speaking of the kumite and that his Teachers Senzo Tanaka's legacy is archived in the Imperial War museum in Japan and that the Blue Belt Magazine's editorial staff has discovered the existence of the tournament through Journalistic Investigation and claimed as such in their Book "Kumite: A learning experience"
    and that the event is sponsored by the IFAA international fighting arts association and says several other stuff that supposedly backs up his claims. Has anyone tried to verify the authenticity of these claims?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  14. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I am not going to waste my time explaining...and then you spend the rest of the post trying to explain.

As soon as you scratch the surface of Dux's resume, the whole thing starts to crumble into dust. He's a slightly less creepy version of Ashida Kim. That's the sole thing he has going for him.

15. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Does anyone still take Frank Dux seriously? Yes, his students do, as Avianraptor here demonstrates, as does another of Frank's students over on Martial Talk. Unfortunately, as they tend to believe Frank, they repeat his claims, which is a bit of a giveaway. For example:

There is no such "title" as "Jo-Dan". By repeating Franks claim there as any form of proof of his legitimacy (in regards to his background, credentials, story, training etc) it only shows the holes in his story even more, as well as the lack of education that the followers have.

16. Climb2Glory

Climb2Glory New Member

Well if that was true....You would know that Jo-Dan is really jōdan....

17. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Any footage of your sparring with these 6th dans? Or even of training in general?

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Don't be stupid. They probably ban cameras because they get taught secret techniques.

19. RhadeConstantin

I'm not going to be sarcastic or anything, but everyone here has a seen a lot of people that puts Mr.Dux in a very negative light so just saying hater's are full of bs is not going to work. Additionally providing a video of you fighting with 6th dan's and winning would be nice too. I mean I can claim I'm studying funky wonky crazy monkey ninja styles and beating up blackbelts from every style regularly but my claim would lack evidence the ways yours does unless you provided something to corroborate it. I'm not trying to belittle you but just trying to understand that if you just disregard a mountain of evidence and say "you're wrong" people might be a little disgruntled.

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Most 6th dans in TKD are at least in their 50's or even 60's.
    I'd be more impressed by someone beating a fit and competitive 3rd dan in their late 20's.
    Unless you are in your 50's that is?

And you've used the wrong international unit of comparative fighting badassness.
    The correct unit is "a Thai boxer" not "a TKD 6th dan".