Do you use other forums?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Azrael, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

Before I get to my main question, allow me to say that Martial Arts Planet is my favourite martial arts board. There are some great discussions on here, there are plently of mixed subjects, and the moderators & administrators do a great job. Much credit to you guys, I'm sure all will agree with me.

Out of sheer curiosity though, what other martial arts forums do you use (if at all), and why?

2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

This is just one of 4 that I peruse, or post on. Sometimes just for different views on things, although there tends to be more similarities than not. Other forums dedicated more towards a specific art, which in my case would be Kenpo/Kempo.

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

When I came here I was posting on half a dozen. Slowly the numbers came down. Now I post only on MAP. I don't even browse elsewhere anymore. It's just MAP.

4. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Heh. Me too, AikiMac. This is the only forum, basically speaking, that is worth my time. Well moderated, responsible, and with a minimum of the crap that so many other forums have.

5. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I post on a much smaller, more political non martial arts based forum at http://forum.unequivocal.net . I was there much longer before here, but devote about equal time to each. :eek:

6. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I use a local forum for my country + a brilliant forum if you like swords; www.swordforum.com

7. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

I post on one other TKD forum and this. I also post on some other forums related to my interests - cars, car audio, rugby and music.

8. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

This is the only MA forums i post on and it's great. But I post on some others.

I'm an admin on Final Fantasy One Winged Angel a forum for fans of FF to discuss the games and anything else they like. It also has a walkthroughs section and we're currently working on the main site.

I post on Final Fantasy Shrine from time to time. It's like OWA just more strict and has been around way longer.

Also on Eirtaku a great site and forums for Irish anime/manga fans.

9. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

MAP, Bullshido and I read Usenet's rec.martial-arts

10. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

I am also subscribed to AikiWeb and AikidoJournal.

I was subscribed to ebudo, but the lack of proper moderation makes it a distinctly unfriendly place.

11. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

I am totaly faithful to MAP, I've never signed on to another forum site

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Why ever would anybody want to use another MA Forum after finding MAP? :eek:

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

MAP is the best, signed up at e-budo, never went back, mosyin on alternativenation.net, and troll another faintly MA related forum which i wont mention.

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

There are pleanty of good MA forums out there.

I'm happy that you people enjoy this one. ;)