Do you carry Weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by killbill, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Genkuro

Genkuro Valued Member

I think if the law was changed in the UK I'd honestly carry a decent sized knife on me if i wasn't going out drinking. I'd learn a FMA or something involving knife fighting too.

...Can't see it really being changed. Mabey in decades time gun crime may get so bad that they'll have to reverse the handgun ban, I'd buy a nice little Markov or something.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

really? I'd have a 36MG slung over my shoulder:woo: Seriously though I've been thinking a fair bit over this recently and this is my conclusion: I have my pocket knife and i'll continue to carry it as a tool, nothing more. As contradictary as it sounds I detest the knife carrying culture, this whole idea that your "hard" because you hang around in big groups who all carry knives. I can't think of anything less hard then someone jumping weaker people in groups using weapons. its disgusting. There seem to be a couplle people in the states on here who carry handguns and i'd go to that length if britian ended up like the middle east or if kids were being killed every day or something. Basically I'm happy to walk away or fight if i have to but i'd rather take a kicking than run the risk of killing someone over what almost definately would be a pathetic arguement. Of course this may change when i'm actually in the situation adn i'm a fan of using the environment. Pushing someone into thorn bushes for instance is one example that comes to mind. Hopefully i'l never find out eh?
    Sorry its long and a bit disjointed but im writing stuf as it comes into my head.:hat:

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Wait till you are doing hedging in a Glasgow street and the sprog coppers have never seen a billhook before. They thought it was something I had made.

[​IMG]

4. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

Just different culture over here in the States. Sucks that your country has disarmed the honest civilians and made them easier targets.

5. shizuilong

shizuilong Valued Member

just to throw another idea into the pot what's people's opinions on kubotan keychains? (or palmsticks) do you carry them??

because....legally speaking (in the UK).....they are an offensive weapon, I know some people put their keys between fingers etc but this is also an offensive weapon - you could end up in the a LOAD of trouble for using or threatening it's use....

6. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

What a pile of pants. How a society of such formerly martial nature such as Great Britain could be reduced to cowering in fear of both criminals AND the courts boggles the mind. ISTR a certain British minister a few years back advising the public not to take any action even if an old lady was being mugged. Just stand back and call the police, whose reaction time is whatever it takes to allow the perp to commit his crime and make a getaway.

Here's why I favour concealed carry. Note at the end of the clip... the weapon used by one of the perps was stolen from a police station:

http://www.wlky.com/video/16509601/index.html

Best regards,

-Mark

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

From that sentence I'd be much more inclined to believe that guy killed two people in cold blood for 'whatever' reason and the gun was a throwdown convieniently 'stolen' from a police station.

The only people that steal from a police station is policemen.

8. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

It's not killing in cold blood when someone barges into your house and threatens your life with an automatic firearm. That's called self-defence. The perps were worthless thugs who got what they deserved. Do that in a police station and they'll gun you down, and be right in doing so. Someone walks into a shopping mall and does that and cops gun him down, they're heroes. A private citizen does the same thing in defence of himself and family, then likewise, he is a hero.

There are those lawmakers who would rather have seen that fine gentleman get gunned down in his own home and have the perps run free than see a citizen defend himself from armed thugs intent on murder and robbery. Those are the lawmakers who are betrayers of the public trust.

Best regards,

-Mark

9. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

..............and he'll stick to that story 'till he dies! You don't know what happened because you only have one side of the story. The Winners.

Stolen guns from a police station? I smell a rat!

10. fivepaknh

fivepaknh Valued Member

I don't carry any edge weapons, but I do carry a firearm everyday. In New Hampshire getting a permit to carry is as easy as getting a library card. My wife has a permit also.

I usually carry one of 3 weapon, a Kahr K9 9mm, a Glock G29 10mm, or a Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Most of the time it's the Kahr.:woo:

11. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Ever needed to use it?
    I'm not sure I'd be able to shoot at anybody If I carried a gun, and a situation occurs where it is legal to do so.

I'm in the army, and we train use of assault-rifles in a civilian environment, and it's very tough decitions that have to be made in very short time.

I Live somewhere where guns carried isn't nessecary, so luckily, it's a situation I only have to think about when I'm training in the army

12. fivepaknh

fivepaknh Valued Member

No, I haven't had to use it, but it's a right I hope we never have to give up. It sounds like you may be against the right to carry. Maybe I just read into your post too much.

I was active Army for 7 years as an 11b (infanrtyman). Now I'm in the NH National Guard.

13. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

First off, I salute your service. Secondly, I envy your right to carry. I wish we had "shall issues" here in Canada. Too many violent offenders running around without fear of consequences, prosecution or retribution.

Best regards,

-Mark

14. fivepaknh

fivepaknh Valued Member

And a salute to your service as well.

I just noticed the "Molon Labe" under your screen name. You sound pro-gun to me.:cool:

15. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I never served in the military, but many of my friends have.

I am pro-gun and pro-concealed carry. Or open carry, whatever. If I want to carry a pistol, sword, knife, kubotan, whatever... I should be able to do so. I feel that the citizen's right to self-defence is being eroded to favour the wellbeing of the dirtbags that prey on honest citizens. I'm a big fan of so-called "castle" laws like they have in Texas... someone barges into your home with intent to harm you, you have the right to use lethal force.

We see the results of UK pro-offender legislation here in Canada... a lot of our police officers here in Calgary come from the UK; they got tired of trying to deal with the situation there and came here where they have the equipment (i.e. big honking GUNS) and legislative tools to do their jobs.

If we had concealed carry here, I'd carry. I think that eventually we'll get concealed carry here in Canada... the situation is getting bad enough that it will be necessary. The police simply don't have the resources to protect the citizenry anymore. Too few cops, too many dirtbags.

Best regards,

-Mark

16. Southpaw535

well the only problem with open carry i guess is the whole "oh dear everyones carrying a gun hey could use it to commit crime" but i guess if everyone else is also carrying... Poepel over here are losing faith in the police and will start defendng themselves anyway you might as well make it legal. Out of interest to anyone who lives somewhere where open/concealed carry is legal (Custom?) is there a limit to what you can carry? I know you carry handguns but would it still be legal to carry an SA80 or a Five-Oh slung over your shoulder?

17. fivepaknh

fivepaknh Valued Member

In some states they do limit you to what you can carry concealed. Some places your permit has to specify the make and model of the handgun you wish to carry. In New Hampshire there are no restrictions that I’m aware of. Even though Alaska and Vermont don’t require any permits of licenses to carry open or concealed, they have more restrictions on where you can carry. In my opinion NH is the least restrictive state in its carry laws. $10 gets you a permit for 4 years, no photo, no training, no fingerprints. They have a maximum of 2 week to issue it or give a reason for denial. If you have no criminal record or domestic abuse they must issue the license. The only restrictions on carry are federal buildings and court rooms. NH even allows carry in schools.

18. Southpaw535

I think I'm supposed to feel that that's bad but i really dont think its a bad idea. SO there'd be no point moving to america in the hope of carrying a highly customised M4? Wether its a car or a gun im all about appearance:hat:

19. fivepaknh

fivepaknh Valued Member

I don’t have an M4, but I do have a Bushmaster AR-15 carbine. I use it when I go coyote hunting. You should see the looks from some of the tree huggers I sometimes run across out in the woods.

20. Southpaw535

LMAO that's a teeny bit more than a glock