Do you buy clothes with self defence in mind?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by lucas2411, Aug 29, 2005.

?

Do you buy clothes with self defence in mind?

1. YES

31 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. NO

63 vote(s)
    67.0%
  1. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

if we allcame on here and agreed it wouldnt be to much fun

2. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

The point is that he calls people "martial arts geeks", when he himself has a ridiculously high amount of posts for the few months he has been a member of the site.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Look at my post count, and then look at when I joined. Are you calling people that are active members of this site geeks? ;) :woo:

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL. :D Reading comprehension is the key!

Go back and read it again... oh look.... here it is... :D

to which I replied...

That is tongue in cheek question... so chill. It'll do you no good to dress up for martial arts in your day to day life if you have such thin skin on an internet forum. :eek:

Having a high amount of posts has no correllation with being a 'geek'... so you need to sort that concept out first. Secondly - you need to chilly will as this is a forum - in as such things should be taken with a grain of salt... ya know... tongue in cheek... sarcasm... opinion... etc. etc. etc.

And yes the average person who plans their entire wardrobe around martial arts and the possibility of d3Adl33 attack would fall under martial arts geek. :bang:

And BTW feel free to chime in with any opinions or insights into any of those threads/posts of mine... you're always welcome mate. :love:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  5. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

yes..yes i am anyone with a post count over 295 is a card carrying geek.

6. NaughtyKnight

Well then i think its time for some ultra violence...... over the internet.... :p

7. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing for self defense.

Here are some friends and I about to leave for the pub:

[​IMG]

That's me third from the right.

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yeah but your sig don't help, mai tai. :p

and the official geek threshold has been reduced as we need some more manly geeks around here. It's now 275. Welcome aboard! :D

9. NaughtyKnight

Quite frankly, anyone paranoid to be dressing exclusivly for fighting is a wierdo in my book.

I wear what looks good when I go out. Im looking for women, not fighting. I go out for a good night, fighting makes it a bad night.

Dont think of the negatives of going out, your not going to get in a fight 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time, so dont even think about it.

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Its true, I'm not going to wear baggy pants in case I need to do a head shot! :D

11. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

A lot of your friends have moustaches.

12. NaughtyKnight

Yeh mate, though tight pants are never good either. I have my pants tailored so they are a perfect fit to me :D.

If you need to fight, then just headbut them, or elbow them. Your not going to be kicking them in the head, especially if you've been on the grog. :D

13. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

well i cant have a prolonged fight over the net since it would put my post count into geekdom. so i decline to fight ....no wait

i will use a move that is sure to stop any fight...eye gauge.....ke ya!

14. NaughtyKnight

You better not post another time then mate, 295 posts, your almost a geek.

Why fight whats innevitable, embrace your geekness. :D

15. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

This coming from someone who's fought professionally if memory serves? Sorry mate but in my book you are a MA geek :D :D :D

16. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

297! You're now a geek!

Yes, but that would require higher thought fuctions. They're too busy being paranoid and thinking that every homeless person they walk past is armed and dangerous, every attractive woman has an insanely jealous boyfriend ready to destroy any man who thinks in her direction, and every group of kids is getting ready to forcibly rape them. They need to stop reading so any damn Phil Elmore books, I think.

17. slipthejab

naw.. not the same... fighting is payin' the bills... and keepin' the girlfriend in spendin' money (at the expense of my nose and shins :eek: )

Besides I wear a pair of shorts in the ring and that's it. Not like I walk around town wearing just my MT shorts. LOL! :D

edit:... but hmmm... a quick glance at the bookshelf... and the insane amount of weapons and pads and gloves in my flat... stacks of boxing mags and tons of DVD's and sweaty ass wraps hanging up... jeez... maybe you're right! :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well, we know who wears the pants in this family, lol.

And for that many of us are terribly thanful!! :p

Your place sounds as bad as mine.

19. slipthejab

BAM! I didn't live up to my namesake on that jab! :D

20. Gray

Gray New Member

Nah. I buy clothes that look good. Fighting is for the ring, when I'm wearing what's suitable.

I can't see myself needing to fight in my everyday clothes... If that ever happens, I'll be quite surprised.