Disney buys Lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chimpcheng, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Long yes, rubbish no ;) You could also argue Thor and Iron Man were good for Disney (haven't seen Captain America). Disney was once good:

*Hook
    *Ducktales
    *Hunchback of Notré Dam
    *Mulan
    *Hercules
    *Pochahantas/Snow White (no I haven't seen them but heard they were good)
    *Toy Story
    *Bugs Life (Why the heck haven't they made a sequel to this?)
    *Cartoon movies with MICKEY MOUSE, DONALD DUCK,GOOFY,ETC.

Somewhere along the line they went crazy and decided to scrap 2D and make all their sequels direct to video.

Disney do have their moments though,

[​IMG]

I think it's the money hungry, Pixar lovers that have ruined it with their emphasis on teen 'talent' and 3D animation over plot

P.S. No post ROTJ please! Nobody can replace Mark,Carrie and Harrison Ford and the story after ROTJ was lame anyway (seriously, Clones of the Emperor and Chewie dying?).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

I am completely geeking out about this. They have a huge task rebuild the fandom that the prequels ruined.

Frankly I am glad Lucas isn't holding the reigns anymore. The best Star Wars movie ever wasn't even directed by him.

3. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

You DO realize that A Bug's Life was made by Pixar, right? :rolleyes:

4. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

It was the only good Pixar imo-that,Toy Story and Incredibles. UP and Cars were lame.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Up was amazing. Cars was lame I agree.

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'm guessing that, as they are calling the next film Episode ViI, then it must be a continuation of the Skywalker saga. However, I don't see Hamill, Ford or Fisher reprising their roles...

In a tweet, Ewan McGregor (Obi Wan in e prequels) congratulated Lucas and said that he wonder if they'll need a holographic Obi Wan... :D

7. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

8. ITaikido

ITaikido Valued Member

The Black Hole from Disney... that was a movie... anyone...anyone...Bueller?

9. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

DARTH BANE!!

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Tom Hardy popped into my head when thinking about this earlier actually.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Post ROTJ has some good stuff, Thrawn for one!!

Also can we please not disgrace the sacrifice Chewie made? He died with honour, in a blaze of glory and it took a frickin moon to do it! :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yes. :p
    Seriously, I love that movie, and so do my offline friends and family.

I did too, until the two prequels. It no longer has the same effect on me, and probably never will. :cry:

(I grant Lucas that the 3rd prequel, wherein Darth Vader is "born," is okay. Just okay.)

13. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Fixed that for you.

14. Chimpcheng

Further reports say that the deal also includes LucasArts (the Monkey Island games, etc.), Industrial Light and Magic and Indiana Jones..!

15. Chimpcheng

16. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

So the next instalment of Star Wars Princess Leah will snog Chewbackah. Pretty woman snogging hairy beast? Pretty sure I've been forced to sit through that storey before.

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Matthew Vaughn (KickAss, Stardust, Xmen 1st class) rumoured to be doing Episode 7. He's a good writer/producer as well as Directing so its kinda in good hands I guess.

18. Chimpcheng

19. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

If they bring Vader back as the bad guy then I certainly won't be watching it, they'll be ignoring the key part of ROTJ and the whole dam point of the original trilogy.

There's a whole host of expanded universe material out there that they could use.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  20. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yeah like Jar Jar Binks! ... I want to see him die so much :yeleyes: