Disaffliation

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Jan 3, 2011.

1. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Due to difficulties with communications between myself and GM Guba, as well as disagreements concerning other elements of the organisation as developed recently, it is with much regret that the Laban Baston Eskrima Club, and myself can no longer remain under GM Guba’s authority or represent either GM Guba or his organisation.

I wish GM Guba well for the future, and hope he can find a suitable replacement as his North East Representative.

I am making the relevent arrangements for the Club to become directly affliated to the Doce Pares Multistyle Eskrima Club HQ, Cebu, under SGM Dionisio Canete, so that the propagation of Doce Pares Eskrima will continue in the North East of England.

Sincerely,

Bill Lowery

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I know how much of a political minefield organisational affiliations can be, so I truly wish you luck. :)

3. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Cheers

Thanks for that VZ. Not an easy decision, but it has rather been forced upon me :-(

Bill

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Let us know how it goes, CHALLENGE AUTHORITY!!!

5. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Challenge?

CHALLENGE AUTHORITY!!! <

Question authority, certainly. Challenge when necessary :)

Bill

6. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Since most Filipinos are not very good when it comes to formal organizations, FMA "GMs" (ie, they all want to be Chiefs, not Indians; are prone to emotions; attracted to bickerings; no strategic mindset; etc). That is probably the best perspective to take.

You should visit the Philippines during elections, especially barangay/
    neighborhood level elections, they do get nasty.

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

No Strategic mindset! wow maybe they should practice Arnis more lol:)

8. onpoint

onpoint Valued Member

Strategic Mindset

Here's a good speech at West Point, just recently published online about this:

http://www.theamericanscholar.org/solitude-and-leadership/