"Dim-Mak" or "Why Ninjas play guitar"

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by David, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah it they do tend to get a bit long don't they. :D

To a certain extent I agree with much of what you've said in this bit alone. The majority of the thread has gone off the rails. But if it ever came back around I think there is very little similarity between actual combat and banging out chords or ripping through scales in any real world sense. It makes a semi-decent comparison on the screen... but physiological factors tend to muck up much of it when applied to a real violent confrontation.

What you've described is valid. But I don't really see how that shores up the assertion/comparison in the original thread post. I still don't buy the concept that their is any relation between being able to chord and scale in the comfort of your own home and the delivering nerve strikes to a violent attacker in the real world.

Agreed.

Perhaps. I don't however see 99% of most people ever training to this level. Most people can't be bothered to put on gloves and go a few rounds... and that's with 16oz. of padding. Most people come up with exscuses real fast as to why they aren't up for a bit a heavy hitting. So I don't think guitar playing Dim Mak students would really be able to use this cross over theory that David is getting at.

I meant a bottle in the hand of someone. Not thrown. Either way much of that does come down to luck - but there are routes you could go that would give you a better chance than others.

Most of it is above in the plainly stated facts of the way a human body responds to the adrenalin dump. Most people don't really want to deal with this because they either don't know or refuse to believe it. Like I said... it's not like it's a big secret... fine motor skills go out the window with an adrenalin dump. And this would be where fear diverges into two seperate results... you miss a note and you play on - crowd not so pleased, ego bruised... no physical damage to yourself though.
    You miss your third uber deadly Dim Mak strike against someone intent on taking your head off and you're probably getting KTFO. :eek:

2. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

Ahh yes, as I wipe the congealed snot and saliva off my arm, I can see see the true power of Dim Mak, you've finally convinced me that you are right. No need to get your shiny silk pyjamas in a twist anymore.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Speaking of medicine, Dr.Saz prescribes everyone one of these.

[​IMG]

Take it twice daily and come back and see me next week. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.