Demons and exorcism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cuongnhugirl, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think someone has been possessed by the beliefs of their pastor.

2. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

You can believe it or not. The devil don't care if you believe in him or not. he believes in you. I've given you the warning about spiritual influence, you can heed it or not.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I've given you and am giving you a warning not to preach.

Discussion is one thing, preaching is another and I won't have it.

You have been warned.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

[​IMG]

5. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

I've said all i have to say.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Fo' realz?
    PRAISE THA LORD!!!
    There is a god! Our prayers have been answered!

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Your spirits are the wrong ones.

It's the Architect of Fate you need to worry about and He who sits on the Skull Throne.

You may not believe in them but they see your shadow in the Great Ocean.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

no, the devil don't care. ain't that a song?

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

But how would you know if your whole church was possessed by demons fooling you into following Christ, but really God wants you to follow Muhammad?

Too confusing!

See you in hell guys. First one there gets the BBQ going.

You have to get used to warm beer, but at least you won't be bothered by the god squad.

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

David just watch out for Crowley down there, he's a slippery swine.

11. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I don't have to worry about that because I'm a Jarhead. We hang out in Valhalla with the Vikings.

12. David Harrison

Nah, I'd get him to sign my books.

As long as you've got cash or drugs he's golden :)

13. David Harrison

I think that might be Hannibal's ticket too.

Personally, I'd like to relax in my retirement.

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm a very sane person. I'm also not particularly cynical (scepticism and cynism are not the same thing, I'm willing to bet I experience more wonder at the universe than you). I also don't believe in your evil spirits.

You say everyone experiences negative thoughts, but in fact it is possible to choose not to.

15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Negative thoughts/feelings are chemical cocktails in your brain. It is perfectly natural to have negative ones from time to time. They are part of the human condition and can even help you grow as a person. It is almost insulting to one's intelligence to suggest that it's mind control from a magic pixie.

Speaking chemical cocktails I could go for one about now.

16. Humbleseeker

Humbleseeker Valued Member

I believe keeping a positive mind set is valuable for a healthy mental life. I have and do suffer from depressions and anxiety it is a disorder I do not wish on anybody. I am also a Christian I do believe in demons and angels God and satan. "I" believe that individuals who are possessed and show signs of mental illness are very uncommon. cuongnhugirl I understand were you are coming in a way.

Let me ask you this question when you get a cold do you claim possession?

Or better if a person has a serious illness like cancer or a disease is that person possessed?

Mental illness is a illness I believe 99.5% of the time that is what it is.

Psychology is a very young science I believe we are still in the dark ages when it comes to mental health care.

17. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

There is no reason to assume mental illness is causes by demons or evil spirits. Biblically speaking, the human body (and by extension the brain / mind) is imperfect and susceptible to disease. Being depressed is a chemical problem in the brain.

One argument I've heard from a conservative pastor is that if you're a true follower of Christ, you cannot become possessed to begin with, because 'he that is within me is stronger than he who is within the world'.

18. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

From a Christian standpoint, when asked, Jesus basically said that the "house" is occupied when one is a Christian. Which means it can't be taken control of by "robbers", I think was the metaphor used.

And while possession and active supernatural influence do appear at points in the bible, it's very much the exception. Generally when people do unwise things in the bible, it's openly stated that it's because they made poor decisions. The idea that satan is pulling at every decision, trying to turn everyone off course at every minute is largely a modern one AFAIK.