Deadly Muay Thai Black Belts!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Wadey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

MMM reading Ratchs posts further I would guess he is a Muay Chaiya student getting on his high horse as they tend to do from some Chaiya schools:)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This the ninjutsu forum? Anyone found any secret scrolls or anything?

3. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Ratcha did. He learned the thai version of the five point palm exploding heart technique from it.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Ah yes...

ปาล์มจุดห้าจุดระเบิดเทคนิคหัวใจ,

5. jaggernautico

jaggernautico Valued Member

Oh,hope its not the high horse riding 300-0 champs from chaiya who never fight in a real arena but as always challenging people! They are usually always the first to give a lecture to somebody! They have invaded facebook and only days ago got a lecture from one them, god save me.

6. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Ahh you have had it as well brother!.

I have a slight feeling undertones in his post was just like the Chaiya guys(some off them) they seem to dislike modern day Muay Thai.:)

7. jaggernautico

Yes, its sort of nutty isnt it? I got the anti muay thai thing first hand actually in thailand. I didnt think anything of it at the time but then reading the forums and seeing them post everywhere it was a sort of deluge of that sort of insanity without much merit or really without first hand knowledge of getting in there training and competing in muay thai. its very much to me a holier than thou attitude.

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

It sure is nutty bro,its bad you got it in Thailand to.

Ive had contact with one of them when I questioned the 300 fights etc(actually I think that guy is very good) I cant understand at all where the hate for modern Muay comes from from some Chaiya groups,but the "we are better than you" atitude sure comes over loud and clear.:)

9. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

¿Inglés, por favor?

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

"Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique"

11. jaggernautico

Hi fire cobra

The guy is very good but he never competed and he never competed against anyone who is good in a real comp(with a record close to his reputed 300-0 of bully backyard fights or even with 50 fights). I think you will see a totally different side when you put in front of ample competition(remember kimbo slice?). Did you see the clip of him moving with a muay thai guy at songchai's? It was ridiculous, it was edited like crazy, he was trying hard and the thai guy was practically asleep, nothing was effective. They have a good publicity department running around with cameras that i give them. It didnt bother me in thailand because it was funny and pathetic at the same time. Nobody respects them in muay thai circles and they just laugh like the dudes are crazy or something. So who cares really? The Thais who fight for a living and bust their ass dont care so I dont care. Just thought it was funny reading about it here. Seems they are all over the internet doing the same thing. They also teach in foreigner friendly camps for good money which is odd but people pay them. Odd situation i thought for thailand but there you go.

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Not sure if it could be any more odd than TKD being popular. When I was living there bring up muay thai amongst anyone other than taxi drivers and everyone looks at you like you're a country bumpkin. No middle class Thai or above has any interest in it beyond it being the national sport they know of.... though TKD is a different story. There was a huge TKD club on the Thai army base and it was mad popular for little kids as well as women. None of which would be going anywhere near Muay Thai... so go figure. In fact bringing up muay thai in mixed company was almost like trying to talk about playing dice on the sidewalk or something. People in general just had zero interest. Discos, rock and roll and drugs were all pretty much hirer up on the list than muay thai was. lol.

13. jaggernautico

Well they view oddly enough tkd as exotic and different, they like the uniforms, belt ranking, and the style. The parents with money would send their kids to it thinking along the lines that it is an olympic sport thereby good. A couple of my friends studied it and also many studied alot of kung fu, there is tons of kung fu in thailand. Different culture looking at things with different eyes in terms of what is good or has value. This is an interesting conversation by the way bringing in many elements that you dont really see intelligently discussed much.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  14. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah bro put him in front of a stadium Boxer and he would struggle,they have some good techniques in Chaiya but lack the real time experience and the conditioning that comes from it that the modern Nak Muay all have.

Im of the opinion that there are other Chaiya teachers around Thailand that have more going for them than the ones we see promoted now.:)

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I agree Slip,Tae Kwon Do gets everywhere lol,and taxi drivers are nearly all ex pugs anyway eh!

Parents dont want the kids to do Muay Thai for fear of them getting hurt,hence TaeKwon Do being a substitute imho.

A few years ago I went around smaller camps in BKK and most trainers told me they only had a small handfull of kids training,shame but understandable,I belive in the provinces Muay Thai is still really popular, poorer areas of course so a economic necessity to still fight.:)

16. jaggernautico

Hi fire cobra
    I am in total agreement and i didnt mean to slight any chaiya people who teach and are not known. right now we see mostly the same three or four schools duking it out for top and the rest just doing their thing obviously hidden or unknown as you said. Liked the stuff but i wont join any of those schools personally that i saw maybe in the future i can find the others.

17. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Yeah bro,

And some of the students of those schools talk utter rubbish on forums.

Hope you can find a good teacher in the future:)

18. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

My mum and I used to do this in our living room....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZQfUf6k74"]YouTube - Tae Bo Cardio Billy Blanks 2/5[/ame]

19. RatchadaNinja

RatchadaNinja Valued Member

If you want to assimilate into the local ethnicity, which is recommended when settling permanently to a country, you ought to consider yourself as a Thai no different from the others.

I definately do not agree that the variations made in the style with regards to foreigners represents a plausible aspect of Muay Thai.

Well you sound alright. So sorry if you are some decent well learned fellow.

I just don't like Master Betty, the whole, "Well my friend said this, what did your friend say? MY FRIEND IS BETTER AT MUAY THAI THAN YOUR FRIEND" - that's a put off.

20. RatchadaNinja

RatchadaNinja Valued Member

I mean traditional Muay Thai sport, not Boran. I'm refering to the difference between a camp that caters for tourists and a professional Muay Thai gym - they are vastly differnt. For a start, one is geared for raking in cash whilst the other for producing high end fighters. One encourages reckless spending whilst the other advocates discipline and reservation. Most fawang are not aware of the differences between the 2 types. Alas, many don't even realize there is 2 types.