Cung Le on ESPN2 Tonight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shou Tu, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Anyone see the K1 bout with cung le and the canadian Fighter "pitbull"?

Cung Le was doing nothing but throwing the guy. they both threw some decent boxing shots but Cung Le was up on points only because they were counting the throws as points towards the match.

Every time Cung Le went in Pitbull threw a couple punches and bam CL went for the throw. Both were breathing hard after each round like they wanted it to end. Pitbull seemed frustrated because he wasnt being engaged in a fight it was a semi wrestling match.

I thought K1 was all MA's but all i have seen has been Kickboxing. and then I watch this match looked Like one fighter wanted to throw blows and the other wanted to just win by takedowns and not take a shot to the head or body.

I was truely disappointed by the fight. I think ESPN was disappointed they cut to another bout with one round left.

If you saw the fight what are your thoughts.

Salute,

2. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

That scissor move was stupid, I didn't learn that in karate :eek:

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I watched that fight and although Le may be a great fighter and the other guy too, I think the rules of this sport maybe need some adjustment.

Le shoots in grabs a leg, charges knocking the guy over, 2 points. huh? What about the blows the guy lands while his leg is held? No score. I didn't like it.

4. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Exactly what i was thinking about all that. no points for the shots to the head and the ref awards him 1,2,3 points for takedowns.

5. Crazymonk

Crazymonk Banned Banned

That's actually his favorite move.