Crosstraining

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Zamfoo, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

I was wondering since i know a lot of you have waaay more experience in MA than me. What other martials arts have "worked" with your ninjutsu training?

2. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

See I believe in cross training with Ninjutsu becuase I feel Ninjutsu lacks in a few places.

http://128.226.221.34/nin-ja.html

This is a list of the Arts that are included in Ninjutsu and in green are the arts I feel fill in the gaps.

3. Scott194

Scott194 New Member

4. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Nicely done!

5. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

That page is quite well put together.

I cross train my Ninjutsu with Hapkido currently. My Ninjutsu instructor also has Dan ranks in Kenpo and JKD, so predictably the focus is more on the hands than kicking - so the Ninjutsu and Hapkido complement each other well in that regard.

My one 'gap' would be groundfighting, I guess. I do a 'bit' in Hapkido and a 'bit' in Ninjutsu but I'm not a ring fighter, don't plan on being a ring fighter, and doubt I will need to know more than I learn where I am. In a real fight I'm trying to avoid going to the ground :)

I've submitted 1st and 2nd Dan's in Hapkido though, so I have a general idea of what is going on down there :)

I think that any Ground Fighting art would completement Ninjutsu well, although it does somewhat contradict the basic 'theory' of ninjutsu. We do alot of rolling and falling excercises in general so that we can avoid falling, going down, and get back up faster than anyone else :) The general idea is to avoid going to the ground if possible, because you have to consider other opponents.... and hard surfaces :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003
  6. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Cool, I am glad you guys like it. I finsihed the basics of the site. Pictures will come soon, probably next week.

Here is the link for the site though

http://www.core.binghamton.edu/~xplasma

7. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

nice work xplasma.

8. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

propagation ehhh? sounds intresting ;)
    anywho it is very well done. I was like "woa and he was like woa and we all were like woa!"

9. Duncan Mitchell

Duncan Mitchell New Member

My first question to you would be why you are looking to crosstrain when you haven't started yet?

There is nothing wrong with doing other martial arts, but to be honest there is enough within the Bujinkan to fill a lifetime by itself.

The important thing is to get good at your own game - that means training hard - rather than trying to play everyone elses.

10. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

I never said i haven't started i was just wondering what some more experienced people had to say about crosstraining

11. Monoxide1346

Monoxide1346 New Member

im gonna have to agree with sweeet, Hapkido and ninjitsu have alot of similar things that can be applied together

12. Maverick2.0

Maverick2.0 New Member

Well I havent done any cross training and i am currently in a Shorin-ryu style. However i am more than willing to put forth the effort in learning this awesome style. anyway the real reason for this post. I dont care who you are or what you do. Cross training is one of the most important thing in any martial artist's life. be it with one art with another or many art's. the point is no matter what style you do, that style will always lack something.