Crosstraining at the Makotokai

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by Polar Bear, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Just wanted to say thanks to the Koyo and the guys for a great cross training session at the Makotokai last night.
    The comment from my student Phil this morning was "I can hardly move my ass and hips this morning but that was cool last night. I haven't sweated like that in years." I think we'll definitely be back for more.

Cheers,

The Bear.

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

ANYONE whose "entry music" is We will Rock You is always welcome. Phil did well. I shall pass on your regards to the guys...even Gerry.:evil:

regards koyo

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Ha, yeah it's my son's favourite track of the moment. Though steppenwolf's born to be wild is rapidly gaining favour.
    He he he. I always rely on Gerry to give me a good beasting. He drills you too well so you come up fighting from every throw and I saw his guard open and the strike was there before brain engaged. Still he did give me a black eye and burst nose last time so it was his turn.
    The body alignment drill you did has given me some ideas for drills for the duellists that I am going to try out on Sunday. We have alot of stiff hips and stuck feet think this will help a lot.

The Bear.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Just learned the big fellow with the beard who just joined recently is French and studies Savate so that will be something else to look out for next session.

Mrs koyo has asked how she can get "We will LOCK you" as a ring tone.

regards koyo

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

hmmmm Savate, never trained against Savate. Would like to see his stuff.

Heh, Mrs Koyo is welcome to my ringtone the next time I'm by your place.

Cheers,
    The Bear.