Conjuring

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by maressa, Mar 7, 2015.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

The Conjuring creeped me out. Anyone else seen it? its supposedly a true story but from what I read it is exaggerated. In real life Bathsheba was not a satanic witch and while a child did die in her care she was never convicted of anything. However strange things did happen did happen on the property for real. The Peron family really believed their house was haunted and called in the paranormal experts. I don't know if ghosts/spirits are real or imaginary but these people really believed it.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Imaginary.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I saw the film a few months back.

Bloody rubbish! *Shakes fist in the air*

Edit: Seems that haunted house and possession films are quite popular again these days. Good to see that people are trying to rekindle the tropes but can't beat the late 70s and early 80s for quality horror.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

In real life there had been violent deaths and suicides on the farm property over the years. However the girl named Bathsheba was not a devil worshiper in real life nor did she sacrifice any baby. That was totally made up and shouldn't be in a film that claims to be a true story.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I watched most of the video. Bit hard going but this springs to mind...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK1F-Thrzk"]South Park Shenanigans - YouTube[/ame]

The claims seem to be an absolute crock!

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Yo, I totally saw that, ghosts and spirits are so real, they are really bad, this one drank all of my wine. Well, not all of it.

8. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

The property has been subdivided over the years. The house the Perrin family lived in is not the only house on the old farm property. There have been incidents on the property over the years. However the story of Bathsheba killing her baby is crap. It was made up for the movie. Whether anything in the film is true or not depends on who you believe.

I haven't seen the prequel Annabelle yet but I find it hard to understand why satanic cultists would break into a random house, assault random couple and conjure up a demon. And why would a demonic enity need an invitation to posess a doll but can possess a human without consent?

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Don't confuse "based on a real story" with an actual documentary.

"Based on a real story" usually means very loosely based on a real story. There was a movie a few decades ago called "Emerald Forest." It was about a kid that was kidnapped and raised in a tribe in the Amazon's (I think) for years.

I looked up the real story behind it. Reals story was the kid was kidnapped and found in a day or two.

You want real Ghost stories- watch the many TV show documentary series out there. The "A Haunting in................" series is quite good.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  10. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Oh, wow, that takes me back. I remember seeing that movie when I was in high school. Powers Boothe was in that, wasn't he?