Congrats to new Rapid Arnis Instructors

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I would just like to congratulate all those who passed their instructor grades in Rapid Arnis last weekend, up for 11 & 1/2 in total with 4 of them being non stop intence testing followed by a nice little bit of Black Eagle Sparring.

Two of which are Mappers Peter Bradbury and Zulu (who is yet to post).

Can't wait to see it again on video.

Pain, Pain and more pain. Great stuff.

Well done all you done yourself proud.

Pat

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

was there much blood? lol

3. Pat OMalley

But of course and a few bruises and tears, would not have it any other way:D

4. Pat OMalley

And much smiling from the other instructors who have all been there before.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Well done guys! I watched them go through the hardest MA grading I've ever seen and they well and truely deserve recognition! :)

6. Pat OMalley

And Zulu certainly woke up when I grabbed the Long Stick from Louis and proceeded to attack:D

Paul Smith looked great too, he had his doubts and his hand bled from the blisters, but hey, he's a big guy, what's a bleeding hand between friends;)

Well done Freeform on your grade too, impressed, a good 90% of everything done right. Just to make you feel happy though, It gets harder from now on in:eek:

Best regards

Pat

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

The quote of the weekend! :D

"Well technically your meant to get out of the way!" :D

The man is truely hardcore! Did a good training session with him tonight :)

8. Pat OMalley

And the original question being "You said 2nd Degree Instructor was technical":D

9. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Congrats to all :D

To quote a previous thread

"wheres the video" ;) :p

10. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Well done guys and well done Pat for training and encouraging the guys, you must be very proud of them.

11. wish1

wish1 New Member

It wasnt just the grading that was great the many sessions were great too.
    all the intructors were very patient with us spam handed beginners. so cheers all

12. Pat OMalley

A few people video'ed it so I am just tracking it down and I will let you know when I have a copy.

Best regards

Pat

13. Pat OMalley

Absolutely, I get more pleasure from seeing the guys and gals progress to a senior level, and the smiles on their faces after a gruiling day makes it all worthwhile, at least you then truely know you have done your job.

The 2 surprises of the day were Peter Bradbury's father and younger brother, watching them in the class earlier in the week I had my doubts, but on the day they pulled it out of the bag, And Peters Dad handled himself admirably in the Black Eagle session at the end of the day.

Becky as nicked named the pocket dynamite, last year she gave one of the senior instructors a wonderful black eye, this year she gets the same guy and promtley knees him in the head:D All this from a knee high to a grass hopper young lady. Love it.

Best regards

Pat

Best regards

Pat

14. Pat OMalley

I am glad you liked it, I found it fun too, even with all the running around and stress of the weekend, we are planning next years event in Cornwall around late August, and thinking it may well be a 3 day event. With a good line up of top instructors.

Best regards

Pat

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

sounds like much pain/fun was had.....im jealous!

16. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

The more I hear about Black eagle, the more I wana play :D

17. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

the 3 digital camera vids that make up the grading are sat on top of my tv :p listening to the comentery from the grading panel is great.

It was good fun the grading, plenty of bumbs and brusies some of which i can still feel a week on.

Peter

18. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Wow Peter, CONGRATULATIONS! You to Zulu!

- Matt

19. Pat OMalley

Yeah! "wheres the video" I want a copy:D

20. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

can i have a copy 2??

thanks for nicknaming me the pocket dynamite!! i know it's cause im thpeccial!! lol the grading was great fun!! if you go by galen's 4 humours theory you only bleed when you have too much blood!! (well thats the excuse im sticking to for my hands) for those people that were there who couldn't believe i didn't burn in the sun you can have a gud laugh cause on monday my arms were blistering in fact their still blistering and its a week on!!
    weldone to all my peers who graded!!
    best regards bexter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.