Conditioning...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by TkdWarrior, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

And if you have no hand conditioning, so will your hand. I've done that once or twice, though not very badly.

You do have a few points though. It's been a few years since I punched anybody bareknuckle in the face (before I started conditioning my hands. I do remember it hurting quite a bit), so I can't tell if it's really neccesary in order to do blows to the head. You're also right that hand conditioning can stiffen the fingers a lot. But that's a choice to be made by the individual if he wants to conditition his hands. I feel it's worth it.

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No, the hand conditioning only stops it stinging or hurting as much, if you break your hand then its because your technique is slightly off. If you get the technique right, then only the block will break.

Only hurts afterwards, at the time there's generally too much adrenaline to notice a small pain like that, and afterwards its secondary to the fact that you're either walking away, or being driven to the nearest hospital.

I just like being able to take part time jobs like data entry for extra cash, but hey, its your choice.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I tried doing pressups in between serving customers in a french cafe. I very nearly got fired...