Complete and Utter Rubbish

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by kensei1984, May 16, 2009.

1. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4zDi--z9E"]YouTube - Learn Aikido in 80 minutes![/ame]

Alright, so these guys wouldn't let me comment on this video, so here is the next best thing to dissing them. check the link out.

Obviously they have had some falling experience, as they were able to roll out of the poorly performed "throws and projections," but check it out, they were not even able to use effective taisabaki to get out of the way first.

These guys have supposedly had "80 minutes" but yet they still have not even learnt the first principle.

When will these delusional aikido fairies learn that if you can't move out of the way, you get hit, and if you get hit, all the techniques that you know mean diddly squat.

2. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Maybe after they get hit. :evil:

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

That is NOT aikido. Worse than rubbish. The best demo was the fourth dan demo..I would definately grade him to orange belt!!!!!

That instructor babbling Oh good great technique etc.It stuns me that they really believe because they bought the T shirt..it will work.

No more please.

regards koyo

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

What a load of crap.Jesus I would love to see them try that on Koyo (Oh if I could:evil:)This has got to be a wind up surely. Notice that the so called instructor does nothing.Same as Koyo.... NO MORE PLEASE:bang:

5. Shinkei

Shinkei Valued Member

What a load of rubbish. Its people like this that give Aikido a bad name. I been practising Aikido since 1975 and I am still learning. kenji Tomiki stated that it took twenty years of constant practise to learn the basics of Aikido.

6. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

So, they learned how to make a circle. Good job. Looks like ukemi in 80 mins isn't quite as...graceful

Oh, and I love "If you get stuck, just push the guy."

7. koyo

Sometimes a good push is all it takes.If you push them into the matrix where they belong.

Or (in my dreams)..push them into the Makotokai

regards koyo

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  8. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Push them into the Makotokai........lambs to the slaughter:evil:

9. PCG82

PCG82 Valued Member

10. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

"Nice" never stopped a punch. "Honesty" does though, in your training, which gives you a much better chance.

That link proved that he is just a salesman. Displaying your stuff is fine on the web, it's how we can critique each other over long distances and form networks. But selling crap and trying to teach certain activities like martial arts over the web is wrong. It requires the guidance of a good teacher.

Unfortunately, he is neither a good martial artist or a good teacher.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  11. PCG82

PCG82 Valued Member

Sorry kensei1984, my fault, i was being sarcastic, forgot my :rolleyes::eek:

Its shocking really, ive been training since 2000 and i admit i know nothing, how u can learn anything apart from a warm up and a few basics in 80 odd mins is behond me.
    The create your own style thing takes the biscuit though.

12. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

Sorry mate, hard to tell from reading on the internets.

But I am really drilling him, not you man.

13. KOKORO KAI

KOKORO KAI Valued Member

Sorry but the guy is a ****

14. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Well we should give them credit where it's due. There's certainly a WOW factor. LMAO!

15. TRK

TRK Valued Member

Holy crap! That gives Aiki bunnies a bad name. I'd say those guys look like they've been to one class and didn't pay very much attention. "Raw, powerful, brutal...and real" indeed!

16. arcelt

arcelt Valued Member

I need to get me that. I've been studying Aikido for the better part of a year, and I have come nowhere close to "mastering" even one technique. Silly me. Take my money and hook me up!

17. koyo

Hi Arcelt

Please check out martial art of aikido atemi thread.

In a real situation atemi (striking) is 90% of aikido.

ALL aikido techniques are preceeded by a strike.

welcome to MAP:)

koyo

Attached Files:

18. arcelt

arcelt Valued Member

Thanks. I hope it was clear from my tone that I was joking on my previous reply...I don't really intent to purchase this clearly hideous product.

19. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

So think about it - that's after 1 lesson. How do they look for people who've trained for an hour and a half?

20. koyo

Of course it was clear.:cool:
    Try to imagine my thoughts after fifty years of HARD training when I see this nonsense offered by "masters of the arts".

I tend to be quite laid back BUT I would gladly swallow them all because of the damage they do to aikido.:bang:

regards koyo