combat hapkido

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by hotrod1, Jul 1, 2004.

1. klaasb

klaasb ....

One would assume that the samurai-logo is a way for Combat HKD people to show their complete disrespect for Korean culture.

How ignorant can you be?

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I don't think I would go so far as to lump all the members together under the words "disrespect and ignorant". It is, afterall, just one item of clothing that was recently added to the merchandise section and put there as a way to get with the "new and modern" way of doing things. It's not the whole federation and ALL of the members. Be kind, Klaas.

3. DaveS.

DaveS. Valued Member

You do have to wonder what GMP was thinking when he signed off on that design.

4. klaasb

klaasb ....

I didn't say 'all Combat HKD people' ;)

I think the right thing to do would be to take that t-shirt out of the collection. Mistakes can be made, no problems with that, but mistakes can also be fixed. Not to fix a mistake, that gives problems.

5. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Hey all!
    Take a look at the revised ICHF website - it looks great and has lots of info. There are also a couple of cool video clips under "Seminars" to take a look at!

It also looks like the ICHF teeshirt has been revised to a cool looking DSI crest now. I like it (and am glad to see the Samurai one gone)!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008