Combat Hapkido and JKD

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by wally, Jun 20, 2005.

1. American HKD

American HKD New Member

What is JKD other than concepts?

To call something fixed is defining limitations right?

2. JimH

JimH Valued Member

GM Myungs book was Published in English the first time in 1976,the second time in 1986.

The GM Myung Book with GMP that I have seen is the 1986 version,and he is wearing a Black Belt and I believe there are pictures of him as an Uki in the book.

So to state that he bought a Black Belt from GM Wollmeshauser in 1989/1990 and couldn't do a break fall and had no mat time does not fit with the Black and White Proof of the Book.

I am sorry,I do not need to contact someone for them to tell me a story that does not fit with what others have told me and what I can see on the Pages of a Book which is highly regarded in Hapkido circles world wide.

A picture in a book contradicts the claims made on web pages that many cite and if the web claims are disputed with Black and White photos it is called revisionist history,lol.

The joke is we are all followers of a Master (Choi) in an art that has no proof of any kind,of any training, except the ability of Choi to make it work and still different styles or organizations or Federations of Hapkido fight over the rank and the people other Masters in hapkido claim to be students of and ranked by.

Look at all the traditional Hapkidoists and other masters of other arts who have taken up and teach Combat hapkido,are they all misled believers in an art that has no substance,that is made up by a man who bought his rank and has no ability?
    I think not.

I am also sure the Magazine publishers who do articles and covers with GMP are not doing so because interest is not there.

I am also sure that when GMP is on a cover ,or an article is done about Combat hapkido,people show up at the traditional schools and they are not turned away.

The fact is we can not prove or disprove anything to the point that it will be unrefuted by all,(Choi,Myung,Chang and the host of others that create such debate)so why can't we just stick to the topic/threads and answer them and help people rather than attack each other for who we study with.
    (We have generated 4 pages with only three or four answers to the original question and the rest disclaimers of an arts validity)

3. American HKD

American HKD New Member

At the end of the day your right!

Anyone can believe whatever they'd like.

4. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

5. American HKD

American HKD New Member