Circle of Life :

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TkdWarrior, Jan 1, 2005.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

I was reading newspaper which I don't normally do... as every paper you read in the morning tells you how much people have killed, how many women got raped n blah blah....
    It's just not me to read the newspaper especially in the morning... Hell I don't even watch news... for the very same reason...
    anyways just a few minutes ago, I jsut picked up newspaper and started looking n then I read this piece of article.

Which was at least gvigin different point of view on life and death...
    it's good change in a paper which is filled with sorrow news(another news : 175 teens die in argentina :( )

Circle of Life: the God Give and the gods take away.
    It's hard to come to terms with the fury of nature. A lot of historians believe that the gods were invented by early manas arelease for his inablitiy to explain nature's vagaries and things they could not understand.

Take the Greek gods = Poseidon was the god of the sea, Dawn, the goddess, who arose from her bed everyday to throw light on the world. hades was the god of the underworld where people wnet when they died, the god eros shot people with his golden arrows to make them fall in love, and so on and so forth.

But the truth is that man likes to believe he is the master of his own destiny, complete as he is, and powerful as he feels, with the ability to move mountain, which is why he has no answer to his helplessness in the face of the fury of nature.

Earthquakes, cyclones, tsunami, land slides, floods and diseases -- all point to the overwhelming superiority of the power nature has, and man can at best be a helpless bystander. Nature has it own undecipherable way of maintaining a balance too..

Even as life is lost somehwere. there is new life springing up elsewhere. In India there are about 45,000 babeis born everyday. while 23,000 people pass away. That's 22,000 new lives everyday. at that rate, every year, the population of Australia is added to the exisiting population of india.

Everyday, in the world, there are almost 2,00,000 lives more than there were the previous day. As the scriptures say--the gods gives, and the gods take away and it isn't possible for mere mortals to understand the thinking of gods.

There's no better explanation for lots of thigns that happen all around us. In sunday's disaster at least 12,000 people died.

The very same day, almost double that number of lives was added to the world.

A philosopical understanding of the paradox could perhaps give people the necessary forittude to come to grips with the Tsunami tragedy. For try as you might, It is impossible to finds reason behind the way nature's devices work.

-TkdWarrior-