CHUCK vs WAND is Official.

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by mkiv, Oct 24, 2007.

1. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

UFC Press Release.

2. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Ya know, it's almost worth spending a couple grand to fly to Vegas and be in the front row for that match.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Awesome. I hope Chuck works on his conditioning a little more for this fight or he's gonna get hammered.

4. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

hallelujahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I've always liked Liddell but...can't see how in hell he can beat Silva

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I hope this fight lives up to the hype....

Personally, I'm not sure what I think. Sure, bith great fighters, but both are coming off some big losses. I hope they deliver...

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wow.
    I'm not really sure what to think. So many factors in calling a winner in this one.
    Should be interesting. I dunno though... it could go either way... ultimate bore fest, all in scrap from hell... or long grind. I'm still in a bit of shock... I didn't think it'd ever happen.

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

My biggest fear is that the majority of PRIDE fighters who have come over to the UFC haven't delivered. I really hope that Wanderlei follows in Anderson's footsteps as opposed to CroCop's footsteps.

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I think unless Chuck gets a lucky punch Wandy's going to pulverise him. Mind you, after what happened to Shogun... :(....nothing in MMA is ever going to be certain again.

9. Sweeter_Science

Sweeter_Science Valued Member

Chucks got some big power and wierd angled punches, hard to see coming. In a straight standup, I definetly wouldn't put the KO past him.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I could be wrong... but doesn't Chuck tower over Wandy? And have gobs of reach?

11. callsignfuzzy

Sherdog's got Liddell listed as 6'2", Wand at 5'11". I don't have the stats for the reach, but by eyesight guestimation it looks like Chuck's got the longer arms.

12. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

It is quite likely that one of these great fighters is getting knocked out for the third time in a row. I just don't know which one...

13. Yohan

Chuck. He hasn't got the chance of a snowball in hell against Silva.

14. Yohan

Sheeit

What about Rampage? And the only reason Hendo didn't fare well is because he had to fight Rampage.

15. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Rampage is on a Rampage. Anyone who has to fight Rampage is in for a rough night.

16. Yohan

:D

Yep - the guy has ups and downs, but he's obviously on an up right now.

17. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Rampage at least got a tuneup fight for his intro when he fought Eastman. Silva is jumping into the deep end with Liddell in Liddell's home. Still, I think Silva is a bad style for Liddell to deal with.

It'll be interesting to watch both throw their loopy punches at one another. My fear is that both have a tendency to play a counterpunching game, and we may be forced to watch Arlovski vs. Sylvia IV, the 205lb edition.

18. callsignfuzzy

Ha! :D

I don't know about Silva counterpunching. He's best in close with his knees. Of course Chuck's best when his opponent comes to him, and he counterpunches.

Read on a website months ago (please don't ask for a link) that "Silva wins when he comes forward, and Liddell wins when he's backing up" or something to that effect.

I'm just glad we'll finally have the fight and won't have this be a "What If" situation.

19. Yohan

I don't really care who wins - it's going to the shazbot and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!etc.!

:D