Chuck Norris' Tears DO NOT Cure Cancer!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Davey Bones, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSN2129580420071222

oops. guess you really shouldn't mess with Chuck Norris unless you wanna get smacked with Law Fu!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Ha ha interesting! Don't think Chuck is against the facts side as such - he went on a talk show and admitted he liked the 'facts'. He even picked out his favourite ten if I remember correctly.

I guess what he doesn't appreciate is people portraying him as a racist, and as he is a born again, doing illegal acts.

Oh, and of course there's that small issue of making money out of the facts without his permission...

3. IronDragon

IronDragon Banned Banned

Guess Chuck Roundhoused that publishing company, huh?

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I'd be surprised if Chuck actually has a leg to stand on in this lawsuit. He's a public figure. Tough titty.

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Then there were the ones like "Chuck Norris visited the Virgin Islands and when he left they renamed themselves 'The Islands'". There are a few he has serious issues with.

6. Burbs

Burbs Valued Member

Is it illegal to make a joke? Especially when it is very obvious that it is exactly that.

Mr. Norris just went down a notch in my book, not that he cares. Grow up, shesh.

7. slipthejab

hahahaha... Island Shagger Chuck!!! :D

8. slipthejab

The thing is... I think Chuck actually takes himself seriously. :D

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I know why he isn't too happy - its because its The Stig's tears that cure cancer ;) :D

10. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

The odd thing about all the chuck norris fact stuff is that they were originally all about Vin Diesel. The Vin Diesel fact generator was about long before the chuck one.

11. =control freak=

=control freak= Valued Member

Hahaha. I got an email with a bunch of these a while back. I thought it was class.

I looked at the site and found some more comical ones.

Chuck Norris was offered the role of Michael Knight in 80's TV Show Knight Rider, He turned it down however because he thought Kit was a dick.

Every-time Chuck Norris leaves a room full of people the song There Goes My Hero starts playing out of no where.
    'My hero' btw-class tune

It took NASA's top engineers 17 years to develop tools durable and precise enough to trim Chuck Norris' beard.

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Of course, all the major retailers are carrying this book and this is just goinng to help sales...

13. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

A) He's a born-again Republican supporter of Ron Paul who goes nuts doing stuff for kids. He doesn't take this stuff lightly.
    B) I think there is a difference between just posting this stuff randomly on the web for fun versus publishing a book using his likelness, mythical "facts", and turning a profit off of it. Copyrights, trademarks, and whatnot aren't my area of expertise, but I suspect that it comes down to this as the main beef.

14. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Looks like certain people have way too much time on their hands to just go around the web, gather all the stuff about Chuck, and then publish a book.
    I think anybody would be ****ed if they went to a bookstore and found a book with jokes about themselves.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

16. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey Domino, correct me if I'm mistaken (and I likely am), but doesn't this fall under the heading of parody? Or satire? Or whatever. In any event, I thought those were protected in some way.

Stuart

17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

And I thought chuck norris was cool, and not a crybaby who whines in butthurt when somebody makes mild jokes about him on the internet. I mean, come on!

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

That's what I'm unsure of (see my post above). ;)

19. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Ah, sorry. I must have tuned out the legalese. My wife is an attorney. I try to ask her about this stuff. But after a minute or two of not understanding what she's saying, I automatically convert the information into a low, comforting hum that's conducive to napping.

:D

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

sounds like a few licensed attorneys I know :p