Christian Based Martial Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rojack79, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

When I studied fencing, we were sparring within about half an hour of starting the class. The time we spent NOT faced off against another human being was the footwork warmup.

2. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Probably a lot further than that. So i'll say 30 mile's?

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It was about a 200 mile round trip, I know one guy at the same dojo who used to have to fly to get there.

4. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Well i learned to fence from the S.C.A. and people here don't seem to take those guy's seriously so i guess my training is mute.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

6. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

That is awesome. I applaud your dedication but i don't have the money to make those kind of trips or even to go to any of those dojo's here in Tucson.

7. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Thank you for the correction.

8. Dean Winchester

Neither did I, so I found it.

Now please don't misunderstand I'm not knocking you or your situation, my point is there are ways to train if you want to. It might be hard but ultimately it comes down to priorities.

9. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I can agree with you there.

10. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

But i have to ask this question to all who have read this thread. Were do martial art's come from? If it is so far fetched that god is speaking to me then tell me were did all of the other martial art's come from? I know they technically did not come from god but they had to come from somewhere.

11. Dean Winchester

So given your intentions and inspiration behind your system it seems reasonable to do all you can to better yourself.

Now about that video of you?

12. Hannibal

Evolution and refinement over thousands of years that are essentially based of instinctual methods employed by apes

Nothing happened overnight

13. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I would love it if i could upload a video of me but i don't have a video camera and my webcam suck's.

14. Hannibal

Convenient.....

15. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I still want to know about this Zorro costume.

Did you buy it from some shop or did you get it made by your mum or something?

16. Dean Winchester

Things worked and kept people alive so they were remembered and refined. Eventually "stuff" was codified and passed on and again refined further.

Some systems had certain religious or divine connections as part of their founding story but ultimately it was due to a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.

17. Dean Winchester

Webcam is fine, we don't need hi-def to see how you move.

Even your phone would do.

Again if you are serious you will find a way.

18. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Crap i did it again. I should have said that they all started out small. They all started out as something someone created. Yes they had to create these art's to survive but my point is that they all started out with one person doing what he believed was the best or right way to fight. So is my style really so far fetched?

19. Hannibal

Yes it is

20. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Now that you mention it my parent's do have new phone's with good camera's. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.