Christian Based Martial Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rojack79, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

It is was given to me by the member's of the S.C.A. group i hung out with.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Cool.

Wear it on your video....it'll put you in the right frame of mind.

3. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I hope so. LOL

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Off you go then.

Talk is cheap and I think you are kidding yourself.

Prove me wrong.

Why, are you trolling*?

Rhetorical question.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

How? Please be detailed and specific. Because your response here suggests you don't know what I am talking about. Practicing your art has nothing to do with what I was speaking of.

6. Ultima Ratio

Ultima Ratio New Member

They kind of are. Here is what I perceive. In my opinion you are trying to legitimize your style by cloaking it in a culture that you have little to no relation to. Which is naive, because neither the words nor the culture they come from have any inherent nobility or martial efficacy.

Either that, or you are just using Japanese wording because it sounds more exotic. If you just said you were using asian terminology for marketing purposes. I would accept that more willingly.

Yes.

You seem to have the most superficial of experience with actual technique. Anything you learn from watching reruns of highlander(... excuse me, I meant divine revelation) would take quite a while to sink in, be practiced, and for you to become proficient at. You could make twice the progress in one tenth the time if you actually...I dunno...learned from someone who knows what they are doing.

Imagine you had prayed to god for something actually beneficial to mankind, like an insight into medicine or technology, instead of the amazing ability to larp. Do you think he would find it a valuable use of his eternal time and omnipotence to start sending you images of basic knowledge that guys like hippocrates discovered thousands of years ago?

Or do you think he would say to himself, "This kid should at least get himself a working knowledge of his subject area before I tell him anything." Maybe send a gust of wind to blow a pamphlet for a medical school in to your patch.

Pick up the proverbial pamphlet go train somewhere legitimate, and learn in a few years what it would take three lifetimes to learn on your own. After that, feel free to waste your mental energy praying for some new revelation.

Whoo! I love trolls! They get me all fired up. I'm ready to go wrassle somefin, boy!

7. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Again the insult's are not necessary. I will not go back on what i have said and still maintain that god can teach people how to fight. If you don't believe me that is fine but don't go on belittling me. If you are suggesting that the Japanese "culture they come from have any inherent nobility or martial efficacy." have no martial efficacy you are sadly mistaken. I will continue to practice my art until i have mastered it. Now if any of you have something "Constructive" to say then please continue to ask relevant question's.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He hasn't insulted you, merely pointed out how ridiculous your actual claim is

You are wrong

Again it is your ideas that are being challenged, not you

Actually I think you have completely misunderstood what he is saying

9. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Anyone have any have any relevant Question's?

10. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Look Rojack, god love ya, but can you see how people who've put years of sweat and blood into their training might not react well to a kid inviting them to ask questions about the sword system God just gave them?

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yes - Why are you here? No one is buying your crap and it's clear you cannot fight sleep let alone have a divinely gifted system.....

Take advice from people more experienced and more skilled: get a job, ANY job and train in an actual system

12. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

(Putting his hand up)

Yeah I have one. Pretend you had to write a wikipedia article, even a short one.
    (Check a few of the martial arts ones out to get an idea) Under a section titled characteristics what does your Divine Sword school have as salient characteristics, just so that we can critique which was the original point of the thread.

For example wing chun is big on the 'centre line,

Jeet Kune do is famous for being a non classical approach based on the 'stop hit'.

What do you believe are the salient points of your style.

13. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What distance does your system work at, please don't respond with "sword distance", and how do you incorporate weapon retention?

Also given today's world how do you address HAOV and working with a force continuum whilst using an anachronistic weapon?

Oh and how about weapon carry? How does carriage and deployment factor in to what you do?

How about how you move whilst the weapon is sheathed?

14. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Its a longsword style with four guards you claim?

Could you describe where the guards are in relation to the body?

Are they true defensive guards or are they hand positions from which to launch an attack?

If you had to describe its primary tactical mindset, would it be Attack, Defense or Counter Attack?

Does it use Linear or Circular Footwork?

15. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Thank you i shall post the manual that I've been working on so you guy's can critique that.

16. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

I actually have a post on that i'll find it.

17. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Here are the guard's.

18. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

They are both offensive and defensive. The mind set would be a mix of all three depending on the situation at hand. It use's both Linear and Circular footwork.

19. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

1. The system works at short to medium distance's. I have to ask what is weapon retention? And what is HAOV?
    2. weapon carry is simple. i have a sheath that is strapped to my belt with the sword hanging on my left side.
    3. I move the same way i would normally move. There's no real restriction.

20. Rojack79

Rojack79 Valued Member

Ok i can do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.