Chiroprator recommends kenpo over tae bo?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by yannick35, Nov 13, 2007.

1. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

I am still seeing my chiro for back pains, mostly upper now various subluxations.

My chiro told me that he has a patient that studies kenpo at the same place i went to go and it did wonders for her.

He said that it would be better for me to try kenpo then to continue doing tae bo, because tae bo is harder on the body then kenpo with all the jumping and high impact moves?

I was wondering if its true, i was just doing tae bo to get back in shape, but its true that its hard on the body.

2. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

If the Kenpo you are doing is harder than Tae Bo, you should quit.

I injured my neck in Muay Thai a couple months ago. My chiropractor said my spine was rotated to one side and proceded to rotate it back to normal. She said I could train after my first adjustment, and I've almost completely recovered and have been back to training 6 days a week for the past month or so.

Of course, what's most important is that you trust your chiropractor on matters of spine health, not some clowns on the internet who don't have a degree in chiropractomologymetry science.

3. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Yes my chiro is very good i been having back pain for six years now, and my posture was hell when i finally found him, i had seen everyone there was to see, its going to be a year now that i am seeing him twice a week, lots of work to be done, i feel a tone better now then i did at first but there are still adjustments to do.

I am glad to ear that kenpo is easier on the body then tae bo i might give it a try thanks

4. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Dude I think you misread me. I don't like Tae Bo. Tae Bo is for people with no interest in martial arts who want to do aerobics. Kenpo, as far as I recall is a martial art. I imagine if it is practiced well, it should be much more active than Tae Bo.

I don't know how bad your back problems are, but you should ask your chiropractor if it's ok to be active.

5. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Yes my chirp told me to try and see, the kenpo school has montly fee so you dont have to get a full year membership.

I will stick to my plan and wait a til January 2008 to go back, i have been doing tae bo amped six times per week and its very hard on the body, i rather do this in the mean time then just stationnary bike, good thing is i was able to lose 20 pounds and thats very good for back pain, less pressure on the whole body, now lets see if i can get my bodyweight to 190 by January.