Chinese Stealth Methods

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by EnNoGyouja, Oct 27, 2011.

1. EnNoGyouja

EnNoGyouja Valued Member

Of the ancient and legendary skills of old, few have captivated artists, writers and film-makers more than the stealth methods of the ninja. As Ninjutsu is shrouded in misunderstandings, it is impossible to know whether any contemporary exponents have the skills used by the Iga and Koga clans of pre-Meiji Japan. Equally, it is possible these skills never existed and the legend of the ninja was concocted as a psychological weapon. The recent Parkour phenomenon has attempted to recreate the practical urban agility found in Ninpo legends, but is only partially based on Asian methods of moving.

The Chinese understand movement better than all others, including the Japanese. No other culture has successfully developed short-distance Fajin (unless I'm mistaken?) - even the most powerful Japanese fighters cannot produce the inch force or soft power found in Chinese styles. Qing-gong or "light step" is often talked of, and some Taiwanese experts have clearly developed this ability to a certain extent.

However, is anyone aware of the existence of a Chinese stealth system?

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

this guy is legit

3. EnNoGyouja

EnNoGyouja Valued Member

4. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

:vanish:

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Hey, hey, I like to talk about Parkour, it's a shame you're a whacko though :(

6. Kid Moe

Now why would you say that? OP asked a legit question about Chinese stealth techniques... :hammer: :vanish:

I am sure slip will be able to assist in this matter... ;)

7. Mangosteen

As slip would say:

"The chinese invented muppet costumes in an effort to blend in at new years festivals. Thats why you should never trust a muppet..."

8. Pretty In Pink

I only feed trolls when the subject doesn't outright offend me. xD

I love my parkour.

9. Kid Moe

I am not that into parkour nor do I follow it, but somebody recently sent me this link and was just, well simply put AMAZED!!! :eek:

My son asked me if that was Spiderman... :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/damienwalters?blend=1&ob=4

10. Pretty In Pink

I know that guy, he has serious moves!

But don't get confused, he was not doing parkour, he was freerunning,

Parkour is "efficiency of movement"

Freefunning is "freedom of movement"

Like WC (that works) and JKD really. In fact, you would all be amazed at how much JKD has affected freerunning, they really take the concept and run with it (Did you see what I did thar?).

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Very much so

12. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Someone prepare the salad while I go get the beer...

13. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Quick, buy it before they're sold out!

http://www.kungfulibrary.com/skills_of_the_vagabonds_1.htm

14. EnNoGyouja

EnNoGyouja Valued Member

Thanks Hannibal for your "very much so" comment - care to expand? Which other cultures have been able to produce skills similar to Fajin?

As for the rest of you arm-chair warriors, why not get back to your "Who would win in a fight, Xingyi or Bagua?" type meaningless debates. I wonder the last time any of you did any form or training, let alone had a fight.

15. Pretty In Pink

You must be a troll, it's either that or you are a sacrifice for the Gods of the forums.

16. Mangosteen

We usually avoid "stealth" and prefer contact an confrontation.

oh god... an IMA battle :bang:

17. EnNoGyouja

EnNoGyouja Valued Member

Why must I be a troll? Maybe the complex language I used in starting the thread went above your head, now go have a nice glass of milk then off to bed and let the big boys talk.

18. Mangosteen

for Frodo?

I think she would prefer cake...

or may be for Kuma The Troll Slayer

19. Kid Moe

Off course I did not have a fight... Why would I?! Whenever I am under attack I just use my ninja stealth techniques and vanish... :hat:

20. EnNoGyouja

EnNoGyouja Valued Member

Yeah you're all a bunch of nobodies with no skill, training or experience as I expected. The skills I'm talking about actually require hard work to attain, not just watching Jet Li youtube videos and playing Tekken. Go back to your inane and meaningless lives.