Check out these dudes

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by #1 Stutta, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

i would too. i'd say it'd work pretty well, depending on your goals. the wall run could get you to that fire escape or window thats just out of reach for the untrained person. someone like that is in complete control of his body. he may not be able to beat someone, but he could survive damn near anything, compared to someone who only trains in ways to beat someone, but yeah, most of it is just pretty, not useful, but thats most likely what they were going for. its not likely that youd spend the time to get that good at it without knowing what it's for.

2. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

just so you know, all of them are high level martial artists, they train in various weapons(Bo, nunchaku, sword, kamas) and forms, and most of them are high level blackbelts(TKD, Judo, kickboxing, wushu etc). i believe one of them also works for the Jacky Chan stunt team as a stunt choreographer.

Guano apes - Open your eyes :D

3. Thokk

Thokk Valued Member

c'mon they're jumping on a freaking spring board!! seriously, it takes skill, but in no way is it a martial art. its a dance or a party trick at best but look how slow they kick and how weak the kicks are... there's no self defense value here, but they're awsome acrobats

4. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

i kinda meant the wall runs and flatground jumps. those are useful unless you expect to never fight anyone stronger than you.

5. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

yes jumping full twists and trempolines are useless, but if you think 540 kicks, BF, FF, BHS, FHS are useless in martial arts, think again.

look at the clip i posted.

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Cheers dude, I'll downl... I mean purchase the tune :D

7. xubis

xubis New Member

Why does someone always bring that up? It isn't martial arts, it is tricking.

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Its true. And I doubt being able to do all that will do any damage to your fighting ability! ;)

9. xubis

xubis New Member

Being able to flip, and move with fluidity over things normal people can't even climb, I am seen as a "ninja" :-\ But people do think you must be able to fight because of the sterotype that the media created, even if they did start something, I would get away easily.

10. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

:D
    the truth is, tricking can actually be applied to martial arts, in fact, most tricksters are martial artists themselves, it's the double leg and twisting part of tricking that are useless, but the kickings and flips were actually originated from martial arts.
    name one top martial artists that can't even do back flip or BHS :D

in a real life situation, you never know what's going to happen, flips etc will allow you to move a lot faster in a combat, thus be more versatile, it can be used as a great escaping strategy or even prevent you from injuries, flip landing etc.
    believe it or not, some of the non-MA stunts can actually be used in real life as well, say if your stronger opponent caught you in the arms and slam you into the walls, screw other fansy stuff, the most realistic way to avoid this is by doing a wall flip.
    so if you can do those effectively, it is definitely to your advantage during a fight. remember you are not going to fight on a perfect flat ground with no obstacles all the time. ;)

11. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

practice. and some mats wouldnt hurt :p