Cheap BJJ Gi

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mr. Khawaja Aqeel Ashraf, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Can anyone recommend good price BJJ Gi

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

For which country?

axelb and Mushroom like this.
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Valor is good value in general and very good quality

Altho look out for sales from websites.

But like all things...you get what you pay for. If you find a super cheap gi...might not be great quality.

axelb likes this.
  4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Fuji is usually pretty reasonably priced. I've used both the judo and BJJ gis and they hold up really well even after years of hard use. I've met people who've had the same Fuji gis for 30 years with no damage to them (the gis that is :D).

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Judo gis .com has a range of prices that start low, and they get the job done. I know you asked for BJJ gis, but for regular practice it doesn't make a difference.

6. Mushroom

To me it does. I got a blue judo gi and its super thick. Like 2kg. I wore it for a bit but its like sparring inside a duvet cover... Just fabric everywhere.

axelb likes this.
  7. aikiMac

Gis come in different weights. Perhaps the problem was that you unintentionally ordered a heavy instead of light.

But speaking of light, jitsu gi. com sells a "riptop" that is almost as thin as a t-shirt, yet is as durable as any other gi I've yet worn. And their stuff is not expensive (as gis go), so, ya, that's another inexpensive vender worth looking at. And "jitsu gi" sells tops and bottoms separately, which can be a good thing.

Mushroom likes this.
  8. aikiMac

I bought an entry-level Fuji judo gi that is equivalent to my entry-level BJJ gi, and yes, I like it, except that the jacket is just a little bit small. It's wearable, but, I wish it was just slightly bigger. But yes, it's a good gi.

So because I liked it, I bought a higher-level Fuji gi (not entry level) on sale at great price, and -- and it's big. Noticeably big. I have reread the tags ten times. The tags on the two gis show the same size, but these are not the same size. The one is slightly small and the other is noticeably big, such that I would just give it away to someone who needed a gi. So now I'm very leery of Fuji. :mad::(:eek:

axelb likes this.
  9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I prefer the value and fit if the Valor gi.

Tatami seem to be an ok price, but I found the fit on the tighter side

I was eyeing up Fuji after a few guys I know said they were good, but I'm wondering otherwise after what @aikiMac just posted :D

mmm duvet gi, enough to send you to sleep during sparring :D

10. Dead_pool

I'm about to receive a Fuji BJJ Gi, I'll post about it if it's great or terrible.

SWC Sifu Ben, aikiMac and axelb like this.
  11. Mushroom

Personally I think Valor's the tops. I got a Tatami one where I bought at 50% sale from Tatami site, which ended up being the same price as a full price Valor and they feel and weigh pretty much the same.

Also Valor gives discounts to Military and Emergency Services.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  12. aikiMac

I've had my eye on Tatami. Several people I've rolled with wear it, and their gis always seem to be fine. One of my gis is turning into sandpaper (you know what I'm talking about), so in 2020 I'll probably be shopping again and will revisit Tatami.

axelb likes this.
  13. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

My balding head knows what you're talking about ;) I don't know if that is a general wear issue, or if extra fabric softener would help? I've had a few bleeding head incidents from those.

14. Dead_pool

^ fabric softener, and washing your gi at 40% helps stop that!

axelb likes this.
  15. [​IMG] (Advertising image deleted)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2020
  17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Mr. Khawaja Aqeel Ashraf, Did you start this thread just to advertise your own company? You ask for a good Gi. And then later post a Gi image of what you sell twice?

MAP has a no free advertising policy. Please contact list owner Mitch for advertising rates.