Celebration of increased "tolerance" in martial artists is not a positive thing.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mr. Tickles, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

You could argue that no first strike in Karate, means any strike done is purely the consequences of the aggressors own actions, and thus strike first, strike hard no mercy, is entirely in keeping with this approach.

Mitch likes this.
  2. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I really hate to disagree with you, because frankly, in many ways you are correct. However, I will not get into my younger years drama, but there was a time where I had trouble dealing with things at home, as well as other things. If I wouldn't have been adopted by a papason and mamason, (forgive me if I spelled that wrong lol), I was taught by them martial arts, in the religious manner, which is not taught today, but, they saved my sanity. I had no problem with confidence or being bullied, but had other problems that made me easy to lose my temper. My adopted parents, I still lived with my family, but the other husband and wife adopted me, so-to-speak, and they helped make me who I am today. I would say their name, but because of two coma's and a stroke, I no longer remember their name. I would say that martial arts can help in so many ways, but that is dependent on the Sensei and you. As far as being passive, your taught to be passive to the degree that you can defend yourself. My wife and I can defend ourselves against the average person, so we have no reason to seriously hurt them. We go by three forms of defense, (passive, passive aggressive, and aggressive). Even when we have to be aggressive, we only be as aggressive as needed to end the fight.

3. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

It is not a case of having a moral high ground, it is a case of knowing how to resolve an issue in a civilized manner, thinking of what is the best long term solution. Your action may of resolved the problem at that moment, but everything has a domino effect.

axelb and David Harrison like this.
  4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

You had adoptive parents, but have no record at all of their names? Even if you have health/ memory issues, they aren't on your adoption papers? Names on ANY written record at all?:confused: No one else who knew them could remind you of their names? No school records with them listed? No medical files? o_O

Also, I am looking forward to your answer about why you use the term Sensei. I am confused. You talk like you study Kung Fu, but that is a term for a Japanese instructor.

Dan Bian likes this.
  5. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

If you look at my posting carefully, I stated so-to-speak adopted me, I still was living with my original parents. I wanted to make a very long story as short as possible lol. Their dog had bitten me and I had got a somewhat severe injury from it, from that time on, they had me over their house frequently, and did everything they could for me. As far as me using the term Sensei, I found many instructors are very particular about just being called teacher or instructor. I do not know what is the common term on this site, I am new here lol. I do study Kung Fu and other Chinese forms, we do not use any title as "instructor or teacher", we just have a Chinese name. I imagine you can guess what mine is lol.

6. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Why was this guy banned? I didn't see anything in his comments to warrant that. If it was because of a few insults, why wasn't Deadpool banned for telling him he needs counseling....that is by far more insulting and intolerant.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Firstly is you have an issue please use the report function and explain your reasons for doing so.

Yanli was only off for a day and is welcome to post when he wishes to do so.

8. Dead_pool

Why would receiving counseling be insulting?

I've had some mental health counseling, did me the world of good, people often end up in martial arts when actually they just need someone to talk too.

ned likes this.
  9. Dead_pool

I think they means Mr tickles, the OP.

10. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Really?

11. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

If I
    If I have an issue, I will. What I did was ask a question.

12. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

I believe you need more.

13. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Moving on. Forget I asked.

14. Dead_pool

To be fair, I think most people would benefit from a nice cup of tea and a chat.

Thanks for your input!

ned and Simon like this.
  15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Amen.

Hurt people, hurt people.

ned, aaradia and Dead_pool like this.
  16. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I was banned because I asked the moderator why he was threatening me for using capital letters when I was trying to emphasize a point, he stated that was disrespectful??? But it was alright for the other guy to truly disrespect me, and nothing was said about it, hhhhmmm seems like favoritism to me.

17. icefield

icefield Valued Member

You joined a forum just to insult someone you have never met or talked to... And you think they need help??

ned and Dead_pool like this.
  18. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I did not insult anyone, you are the one that insults everyone.

19. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I think you have misread my post as I quoted and replied to Graywalker not you......unless of course you are both people and replied from the wrong account :)

Dead_pool likes this.
  20. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Ok, your posting went on my link.