Capt Ann's Recommended Mother's Day Weekend Workout

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Capt Ann, May 14, 2006.

1. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

In celebration of Mother's Day in the US, this Sunday, May 14, I highly recommend this special set of exercises. For those who really want to work out, practice these sets, four weekends in a row.

Although this workout is designed for anyone who has a mother, it is especially recommend for testosterone-laiden teens from ages 15 to 19, and of course, for anyone under 28 who still lives at home with their folks. :D

Full Contact Vacuuming: Hold upright section of vacuum firmly in front of you with both hands, arms extended straight down, hands just lower than waist-high. Beginning with the rightfoot, pivot towards the left, gradually raising onto the ball of your foot, tightening your right leg, right buttocks, then left side. Extend both arms as you complete the motion, then reverse the entire procedure as you draw the vacuum back towards the starting position. Make sure you do an equal number of reps on both sides, and enough sets to vacuum at least three rooms. Variation: vacuum one room towards the left side, then one room towards the right side. Repeat.

Litter Squats: This is the ultimate 'low weight/high rep' exercise. Enter your younger brother's room. Place your feet at shoulder width. Keeping your upper body erect, lower into a full A-to-G squat. At the bottom of the motion, pick up one sock, gum wrapper, piece of trash, matchbox car, etc., in each hand. Return to the upright starting position and place garbage in trash can, laundry in laundry basket, or toys away. A typical younger brother's room is good for 100 to 300 reps.

Clean and Press: You're catching on now!! That's right kiddos! Grab that laundry, take it to the laundry room, sort it, wash it, then press it. This is the perfect opportunity to really "pump some iron". Just don't forget to put the iron (and ironing board) away when you're done!

Post work-out nutrition: Every serious trainer knows the importance of good nutrition before and after any workout. So make sure, when you've completed your workout, that you either cook dinner or take Mom out to a great restaurant.

Enjoy this workout, then enjoy the day with your family.

Happy Mother's Day!

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm printing this out and posting it up on the fridge ! (... but I'm changing the age range to include my 12 year old.... (he can handle it ! ;) )

Happy Mother's Day Ann ... :)

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Heh heh heh! :D Fortunately for me wife and I read different internet forums!

4. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Capt. I do this any way as my sig other is a full time student, full time job, and mother to our son. Great post! :Angel:

5. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Kudos to you, NarcSarge!!!

You are a hero to Moms everywhere!