[Capoeira] classes in San Diego

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by FightingMonk2k3, Mar 14, 2006.

1. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

are there any classes in San Diego or near San Diego State Unversity? I may be there for the fall 2006 semester and i maybe considering looking into taking a few classes if i can fit it in to my time.

2. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

What are style are you looking for? I live in La Mesa, which is 5 minutes East of San Diego State. Will you be living on campus or nearby? Will you have your own car?

3. FightingMonk2k3

im lookin for capoeira classes. i'll be on campus for SDSU and i'll have my own car.

4. Tri

Tri New Member

To be more specific, Angola or Regional?

5. Martial_Mathers

Martial_Mathers Capoeirista

You could train w/ Professor Paulo Batuta, Contra-Mestre Elias, Mestre Doutor, etc. They are all located in San Diego.

6. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

I studied with Maestre Elias for a bit when I was in North County. He teaches out of a gym in Oceanside, and used to give classes at Palomar. One of his students, Pablo, used to teach for really cheap at a Kung Fu school in Vista.

The only problem is that Oceanside/Vista are a bit of a drive from San Diego State. I'll look around and see if I can find capoeira classes closer.

7. FightingMonk2k3

How far away are the training facilities from San Diego State? I'm trying to find a place close by so I don't have to travel too far.

8. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

40 minutes without traffic, about an hour and a half or more with traffic. I'll let you know if I find anything else closer.

9. FightingMonk2k3

cool, thanks.