Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Does his assistant have a profile? Where can I learn about her experience, etc.? I'm sure she would not fare well against a man.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

How are you taught to avoid a fight.

You've not explained the de-escalation, pre-fight, posturing, different types of aggressors and so on.

You may not be acting in self defence is you aren't taught a legally underpinned system.

Who is your Eskrima instructor. If it's your instructor who gave him his certification.

If it's recommended you use a gun before using other options you have already lost. This shows an incredible lack of common sense and lack of belief in your empty hands system.

Go back and re-read the questions and see how many you can answer.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

She has and does fight against men regularly...precisely because of rampant misogynistic crap like your opinion

She can easily handle some McDojo brat

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

"A complete NRA Instructor Training Course consists of two parts. The first is basic instructor training, which consists of 6 hours of instruction. The second part is discipline-specific instructor training, which consists of an additional 5 to 14 hours of instruction per discipline. For example, an NRA Instructor Training Course in rifle, pistol, and shotgun lasts at least 40 hours."

http://www.defensivestrategies.org/instructor-level-courses/become-an-instructor

That doesn't sound like a lot of training to me.

5. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I'd rather be labeled a "misogynist" by some white knight like you than be brainwashed into thinking women are on the same playing field as men. Honestly, being called a misogynist means nothing anymore. It usually just refers to rational people who live in reality and have a basic understand of sexual dimorphism. And no, I would easily overpower your assistant. But I never fight to fight, especially not when there is a lack of respect. Your assistant is a woman. She probably can't lift her own body weight. Give me a break.

6. Simon

Guys, breaking down an argument is one thing, but I'll not allow personal attacks.

Take a bit more care please.

7. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I can't take you seriously if you would use your hands before a gun in a life or death situation. YOU are the one who does not understand self defense. Self defense is where surviving is you ONLY priority.

8. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Does you assistant have a profile btw. Where can I see anything about her on the internet? You're claiming she can take me; I don't even know her level of experience, etc.

9. Hannibal

You first - profile please

10. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Sure, it may take some time to update it though. Feel free to post hers in the meantime.

11. David Harrison

Wrong, so wrong.

Context and proportionality are key factors.

I'm guessing you're one of those "rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" lot.

Do you have one of those "You Can Take My Gun When You Pry It From My Cold, Dead Hand" bumper stickers?

12. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Absolutely I am one of those people. Survival is the only thing you should be concerned about when your life is on the line. As well as being careful not to get others harmed. Which is why one of the 4 basic rules of gun safety is always check behind and around your target. But yes, if you don't think your life is more important than a courtroom, you're not a true martial artist.

13. Simon

If you don't understand avoidance then you have already lost.

Having a coach say don't get into fights isn't SD training.

You don't have to take me seriously, but I have more videos on MAP than any other person and regularly put myself forward for criticism.

Feel free to find those videos and add your own critique.

You have a pre-conceived idea, probably given to you by your instructor.

You can do as I do and post a video.

14. David Harrison

Because every potential confrontation is a life-or-death scene from a Charles Bronson movie?

You are living in a fantasy land. A very unhealthy one.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I thought you had to disable an attacker? So it's just survive now? What do women need to achieve to be worthy in your eyes?

Anyway...I predict in a bout 10 posts time there will be some bible nonsense thrown in about women being subservient to men or something. Seems the sort.

16. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I do understand avoidance. If you had a gun and had no option but to fight back, would you use it before using your hands? If you answered no, you don't understand self defense.

17. Hannibal

What part of "first" confused you?

18. David Harrison

Only an idiot would answer that without clarifying the context of the scenario first.

19. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

No, that was never my point, and if you read my comments, you'd know that. I NEVER said you had to disable an attacker. That's my whole point: women cannot disable male attackers but luckily, THEY DON'T HAVE TO.

Why the ad hominem? Why are you putting me down for being a Christian Conservative? That's very immature of you. I don't attack you for being a soft liberal.

20. Hannibal

Stupidity like this is precisely why you are getting such grief here

I mean it beggars belief anyone can be this myopic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.