Can some people be gifted...

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Orangeseger, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

You can buy or search a copy of the Animal Free Shopper here
    http://www.animalfreeshopper.com/html/ (the book has info inside).

Regarding this:

I'm sure you know full well that there are things you can do something about and other things that you can't. We can keep ourselves informed of the facts and impact of our actions and examine our consciences on a case by case basis. Anyway, you made a very tenuous argument as there isn't really any link between your breathing oxygen (which was around long before the space race) and animal testing on the effects of oxygen depletion.

2. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I'm pretty sure drinking alcohol was around before animal experiments.

Anyway- my freaking wine has gelatine in it - I can't believe it - it never even occured to me to check - what on Earth do they do that for? Still, that's them, corrupting everything with their greed.

3. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

I agree with this, also why I never argue on the forums. If I was a person that liked using signatures, I would put that up as my signature.

I am here in life to learn for the most part. I have been studying martial arts for thirty some years, and by no means do I think I will ever teach. I came here to hear other people views. Also to practice writing.

Thing is a lot of the medicine used for almost everything have some form of alcohol in it. That stuff on the list is probably only for those companies cause it takes a lot less to make a alcoholic drink.

Cheer's :p

p.s. I don't drink ever just not my thing. Which also means, I don't get laid either. Sad! Oh! Where is that gun again. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

They use it cos it is a fast way of clearing the cloudiness from wine... faster = cheaper to make = more profit.

I have made my own wine for years and only use natural ingredients. Yes, it takes longer, but has a kick like a mule when it is ready to bottle.

Unfortunately, I have become unable to tolerate alcohol. The same thing also happened to my teacher.

5. nready

Tell me by not tolerate alcohol, you mean causes you to keep from being able to stand up, fall on ****? :D

Your teacher was also a woman right? This is the real question.

6. jkzorya

There are a lot of animal ingredients in alcohol and have been used for a very long time - some lagers (Carlsberg I think are OK) and vodka is usually OK, but there's beef fat in some brown ales, milk in milk stout, isinglass is used extensively in beer production etc etc. They even throw a sheep carcass in some ciders and know the brew is ready when the bones have been stripped clean by the alcohol...

People have been using animals as resources for a very long time :(

7. Julie (MTA)

Julie (MTA) Banned Banned

They even corrupt soft drinks with animal ingredients:
    Any red coloured drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) could be coloured with carmine/cochineal/E120 - that's squashed insects.
    And orange coloured drinks can have beta-carotene (veggie OK) suspended in a gelatine solution (definitely not OK).
    And I've just found out that some drinks by Coca-cola like fanta, lilt and kia-ora contain fish. Yuk.

And concerning
    The point is you do have to breathe but you don't have to drink. If you don't drink, then you reduce the need for alcohol-related vivisection. And every little counts. You can dent the profits of the companies that make those drinks by one consumer's worth, while keeping your own body and conscience clean.

You're also more likely to think 'It'll be OK', and cheat on your vegetarianism / veganism when you're drunk.

8. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

That, I have no problem with. People who are engaged reasonably with their environment, much in the way other animals are, utilizing resources in traditional ways. Myself, i wouldn't have a problem with hunting and eating an animal, if I had to - cycle of life and all that. What I object to is the mass-misery markets, in every field (ironic word) from the way animals are treated, to the way plants are grown, to the way old people are stuffed in homes to the culture that is so miserable people are desperate to obliterate through drinking excessively. Never contribue to the misery of others, if we can help it, is my motto.

On the other hand, no one is doing anything wrong is my other motto - change comes when we take away the blame, and replace it with awareness. Blame makes people defend, and dig in, and resist the sese of connection that is vital to seeing other people's viewpoint.

9. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Erh - THAT is disgusting! I can't imagine why people eat fish - just the smell and everything - erch!

No, we don't.

Never. I am the exactly the same after drinking as I am sober. I just talk more; but i have iron discipline in every field! :)

10. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Well that's good, because so do I! Ha ha! I think I might explore that area. Is it difficult? And can you get guaranteed vegetarian ingredients?

11. jkzorya

Avoid refined white sugar, if I remember rightly they might use bone in the production.

I bet you've had more alcohol than you originally planned to after a couple of drinks. And it's hard to imagine you've never been swept along on a suggestion or idea and gone on to a nightclub or gone for a curry you couldn't really afford or whatever... but I'll take your word for it if you say you haven't.

12. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

That is so awful - it's like they've made this hell on earth, where under the surface, everything is abiminable.

Unfortunately, because of my spiritual beliefs, I am forced to accept full and total responsiblity for everything in my world, from the moment I was a sperm or an egg, right through to choosing to drink more or have a curry. Blaming alcohol for anything that I choose to do would be an abrogation of that principle.

Besides, I could always afford that curry!

13. jkzorya

I appreciate that you have responsibility for drinking in the first place and for the things you do under the influence of drink, but it isn't called "the influence of drink" for nothing. In my view, mind-altering substances rob you of your free will, and being in any way (however small) dependant on them, more so. Substances inflame your desires and drown out your moral conscience, which is why they are best avoided.

14. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

That is for people who have not yet accepted full and total responsibility for everything in their lives.

The only free will we really have, in my view, is in how we face life. Nothing can rob us of our responsibility for the way we make that choice. Nothing. In my view.

Food is a mind altering substance. Try going without it.

Dogma, dogma... walking the dogma....

Moral conscience is just a mask for self importance. None of us can steal from any living thing its ownership of its own journey. None of us can do anything to anyone; only self importance made us build that illusion. And althought that may seem like dogma, never the less, the illusion gets built, and seeing it for what it is, is never dogma, only awareness.

15. jkzorya

All this stuff you spout is just your opinion and one that I think you'd encounter a lot of opposition for amongst the monotheistic faiths. For example, a Sikh might argue that your self-importance is attached to your haumen (survival instincts / self-preservation / ego) which is the cause of evil in human society as it works against us all getting along peacefully and looking out for each other. God is seen as the ocean of virtues from which springs our moral conscience - our sense of justice, right and wrong etc.

To take a Confucian view for a moment, benevolent acts should be performed because they make the world a better place by one action's worth and should be done for no reward in this life or any other, otherwise they are not truly benevolent acts. Even Richard Dawkins recognises the need for the ideal of altruism. Yes - I think you would get little support for your diabolical heresy.

16. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

HAHA...I am a Welshwoman...moreover a VALLEY GIRL....meaning that for all my adult life I could drink anyone under the table and walk home in a straight line afterwards.

However, during the last 2 years, if I have more than a couple of sips of wine or beer, I become very tiddly and fall over. (making me a cheap date!! :D ) It is a documented phenemena (sp) that when you reach a certain level in taiji that this can happen.

Wrong!!

Both my teachers were male...it is the second one who also is a cheap date!!! :p

17. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Where would these documents be kept? And can you send me a pic and prefered type of drink?

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I am a vegan, so have strict personal rules about what I put into my body...It is very easy to make home made wine and sake. :D

19. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

No doubt, but their oppsotion is just spouting too.

They may see it like that, but "evil" is just an idea that we made up out of our sickly self pity. In my view. In my spiritual beliefs, the world is perfect, just as it is.

In my spiritual beliefs, believing something like that is only for people who don't take full and total responsibility for everything in their lives.

Your benevelonet acts are really just self importance disguised. No one can ever offer anyone true help unless they truly don't care about them. Otherwise, what you disguise as benevolence, is really just thinking you know best for someone, your agenda, usually based on your self pity.

There is only one god - yourself. In my spiritual beliefs, this principle is called "the cult of self".

I won't be coming to your class. I think you are running more of a cult, than a martial arts class, and that disturbs me. And I also don't think you should assert that you know Xing Yi, or Bagua.

20. nready

I have no idea what that means.

That said all I was getting at tis that is what happens to everyone when it comes to drinking to there drunk point.

Well there you go! Documented you are a cheap date.

Why is this a Phenomena? I read that a lot of weman have in there younger years the ability to with stand more "alcohol" do to certain hormones. Can you imagine how that sentence would sound and suggest if I left out the word "alcohol". ha... I actually had to edit it back in after I got done.

What does this mean in English?

For real, how exactly do you know this. Did you ply one of your teacher with drink and than take advantage of him? ;) :p

On a real subject, I have had the hardest time going mainly vegetarian. I still eat the chicken, fish and steak. I guess that really means I failed to go vegetarian.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007