Can anyone make use of a second-hand gi?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by Johnno, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've got a judo gi sitting around doing nothing, so I want to get rid to make some space in my wardrobe.

It's in immaculate condition, so it seems a pity to throw it out if someone could get some use from it.

The only snag is that it's got the club badge sewn-in on the chest. But maybe someone could sew a badge over the top or something? (You'd need one hell of a needle, mind.) There are no other crests or badges apart from that one, and no badges or anything on the trousers.

If anyone can give it a good home, then it's yours. I don't want anything for it.

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

What size?

I can't get the blood out of mine.

:D

No really I can't.

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

You could probably sell it on ebay if there is no blood on it. I bought my first two white Size 4/170cm Judo gis used on ebay. P&P can be fairly high and it's worth weighing and looking at available postage options (prolly not RM) so you don't lose out

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

If you were stateside and my size (one of which, you may be), I'd be all over it. I'm still hoping to start judo in the near future. When the baby isn't quite such a challenge in the evenings.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

See if you can find a club to take it off your hands so they can loan it to beginners.

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

^ Very good idea.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Wrap it around a chin up bar and do chin ups off the lapels?
    I've no idea why you would do this.

8. Princess Haru

^ strengthen the fingers and grip? though I think for Judo a bearhug Deadlift might have more carryover (with some plates inside the jacket, lifted up by the lapel and/or sleeve only)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmar-kWzPHY"]David Horne 150.27k Bearhug DL, then to chest - YouTube[/ame]

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

What is he using and where can I get one?

@ Johnno - I assume you're in America?

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

:jawdrop:

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It's 6/190. Whataever that means. Presumably 'fat bloke size'.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yeah - Leeds, Massachusetts :D :evil:

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I didn't know that there was a Leeds in Mass, or I'd have visited it! I've been to Leeds Utah.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

There isn't - I was being an ass :)

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You shouldn't toy with someone's emotions like that, you cruel man. :p

16. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

or an ****.

17. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

:jawdrop:

LOL, I didn't look at your location.

I am ashamed :eek: I think the god of wrong has rubbed off on me somewhat. I probably still would have assumed you were abroad with my awesome knowledge of geography :eek:

18. Princess Haru

^ in answer to your other question I imagine Dave knocked something up himself, though any engineering or smithy would be able to do the same, some of the Strongman equipment suppliers would be able to make a short bar, its not unlike the tall bars holding plates on a Prowler sled