Can anyone give me an Idea about how?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Bluesash, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

Long does it normaly take befor you can take the yeller belt test?? bsash

2. urbnwarrior

urbnwarrior New Member

in a traditional japanese system, 4 months. give or take.

3. Ceicei

Ceicei Knowledge Seeker

With Kenpo, you usually reach yellow within three months. Each rank thereafter takes three months or more and the time between ranks become longer as you advance.

- Ceicei

4. lonekimono10

lonekimono10 New Member

now don't take this the wrong way, but if you are worried about how long it take's for you belt, than your head is in the wrong place(not trying to be rude)
    look just have fun with (whatever art you do) and learn as much as you can ,your sensei/sifu/ or whatever you call him/ her will let you know when the time has come,

5. dsp921

dsp921 New Member

I'm with lonekimono, you should test for yellow, or any belt, when you have the necessary material and can execute that material at the appropriate level for that belt. That time will vary from person to person. It shouldn't be about time, it should be about learning the material. Nothing personal, but the old "how long" question is the one I dislike the most. What's the rush?

6. Zankuro

Zankuro Valued Member

Hm.. at our school, we have tests every six months.

Testing is optional, and you're not pressured to take it if you're not ready.

You go six months with every kyu rank, then there is a year between ikkyu and shodan. Then a year between shodan and nidan, and nidan and sandan.. then two years until you can go for yodan, then three before godan.

After fifth black, our instructor awards higher ranks based on individual development.. since "every day is a test".

7. dbmasters

dbmasters Valued Member

Well, I can't say specifically for yellow, on account of my school has no yellow, we go from white to orange. Regardless, it's not a matter of punching a time clock (or not with a good instructor anyway) it a matter of when your instructor thinks you are ready. There is no set time frame, somebody that a couple hours a week is gonna take longer than the guy that trains 8 or 10 hours a week...where I train the instructor just come up to people every now and then and says "hey, do you have time to test this weekend"...

8. hunnysan

hunnysan Valued Member

Yeah, usually the instructor would tell the student when they think they are ready to take the test...so I don't know bout a time frame..

Just be glad that your school has yellow belt, most schools are white all the way till brown...so i'm sure they'd never ask how long...hahah :rolleyes:

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Our curricuulum is different than AK, yellow usually takes about 1 month for us. Thy only have to learn 8 techniques and no kata.

10. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

I see, I still have a lot to learn!

Thanks for you responces, I do see that must re-start a new cup and put aside my old one. Im just going to loseing my belt a little, with Respect,Bsash

11. lonekimono10

lonekimono10 New Member

never restart anything!! just empy that cup, but keep the tast that it had because it will go together,,later you will see.

"know what you know, know why it's so"

ED Parker

12. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

Thanks, Mr. Elmer Jr. with Respect

I see people will start to listen once they fine out how much i care, That taste will always be their sir., ever heard, were all black belts but we just have to test? Thanks again, Bluesash